• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

I think multiple posters could really benefit from a break from the boards.

The whole “I hit back” thing has to be trolling at this point right? It’s literally exactly how trump defends himself.

If trying to create peace didn't work. Which I tried multiple times.

If ignoring him to lessen conflict didn't work and it didn't.

If no one says he's wrong, then I have EVERY right to tell the truth which Trump doesn't do. Trump attacks people who tell the truth about him. I attacked Strick for his lies and boorish behavior and his ignorance.

I'm posting on about ten other threads with ZERO problems on any of them. Makes you want to ask what's the difference with this thread?

Ya know, you might want to unequivocally apologize for dropping a nuclear bomb on a knife fight.

rj should no longer have posting privileges on these boards. He’s done enough by now to earn a permanent ban. He’s a detriment to our community.

Ya know, you might want to unequivocally apologize for dropping a nuclear bomb on a knife fight.

He has attacked me and my character multiple times EVERY day for years. I tried to make peace with him at least half a dozen times. Each time I was met with grotesque and totally personal insults.

I put him on ignore and he kept going. He kept insulting me and my character. He's done it multiple times this week. Finally, him calling me a racist for the umpteenth time earned a response.

Even now, only Barca, has said Strick has done anything wrong.

The only way I would get any attention was to go too far. Just calling him has never worked.

How many insults and character attacks should one have to take?

More than you can know, I wished I never felt the need to do that. The absolute truth is I wish for peace here. This doesn't mean everyone has to stand in a circle chanting and holding hands, but it does mean not acting the way he has.

What I am sorry for is the board having to deal with this. For the rest of you, I am sorry for putting you through this mess.

He has attacked me and my character multiple times EVERY day for years. I tried to make peace with him at least half a dozen times. Each time I was met with grotesque and totally personal insults.

I put him on ignore and he kept going. He kept insulting me and my character. He's done it multiple times this week. Finally, him calling me a racist for the umpteenth time earned a response.

Even now, only Barca, has said Strick has done anything wrong.

The only way I would get any attention was to go too far. Just calling him has never worked.

How many insults and character attacks should one have to take?

More than you can know, I wished I never felt the need to do that. The absolute truth is I wish for peace here. This doesn't mean everyone has to stand in a circle chanting and holding hands, but it does mean not acting the way he has.

What I am sorry for is the board having to deal with this. For the rest of you, I am sorry for putting you through this mess.

I didn’t say anything like that I was making a Trump joke

“He deserved it.” is not dissimilar from your views on Palestine.

I'm posting on about ten other threads with ZERO problems on any of them. Makes you want to ask what's the difference with this thread?

Feel free to link to the threads on which you aren’t being a fucking asshole.

RJ could just admit that was an excessive overreaction and move on. I think he means well, but the tendency to make every thread about himself is old and tired. He’s not the victim here, nor does he need to be banned. Just apologize, take a deep breath and make a deep drink and move on.

He’s not the victim here, nor does he need to be banned. Just apologize, take a deep breath and make a deep drink and move on.

I feel like posters have been making this argument for RJ for years.

I feel like posters have been making this argument for RJ for years.

We're all adults, and I think there's enough self-policing here (as evidenced by the last couple of pages) and tools to avoid interaction that a permaban isn't necessary. RJ overreacted and posters acted accordingly and removed themselves from future interaction.

RJ could just admit that was an excessive overreaction and move on. I think he means well, but the tendency to make every thread about himself is old and tired. He’s not the victim here, nor does he need to be banned. Just apologize, take a deep breath and make a deep drink and move on.

Nope

This is like the 400th offense

We're all adults, and I think there's enough self-policing here (as evidenced by the last couple of pages) and tools to avoid interaction that a permaban isn't necessary. RJ overreacted and posters acted accordingly and removed themselves from future interaction.

I would agree if:

1. the self-policing actually made a difference instead of resetting the pretty frequent "days-since-RJ-derailed-a-thread" clock
2. the tools to avoid interaction actually made a difference (i keep seeing rj posts despite ignore)

I apologized to everyone on the board earlier and will again. I shouldn't have dragged the rest of you into this.

I should have taken it down a peg or three towards Strickland and should have. I'll apologize for that.

I won't apologize for believing he is one of the very, very few people on this board I find abhorrent and without any redeeming factors. He's actions have earned that.

For the most part I think the pearl clutching virtue signaling from certain progressively inclined posters on here regarding board rhetoric is overblown for a bunch of grown men who give as good as they take. But dude insinuating that somebody would turn in a fellow concentration camp prisoner for extra rations that's pretty harsh

Calling a Jewish person a Kapo is "board rhetoric"? Fuck, the tunnels are more hardcore than I remember.

Back