• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Only Clawson Took the 10% Pay Cut, per Journal

Every other head coach at Wake Forest also took a 10% pay cut. would be clear.

Every other head coach at Wake Forest also took unique pay cuts, though that information has not been made available. would be clear.

Every other head coach at Wake Forest also took a pay cut, with [Coach #1] taking a 7% cut; [Coach #2] taking a 4% cut; and [Coach #3] taking a 2% cut. would be clear.

Every other head coach at Wake Forest also took a pay cut, though the varying salaries mean varying levels of cuts. could describe all of the above and is ambiguous.

The last thing we're ever going to get from the Wake AD is clear communication

I can understand some of the lesser paid coaches not doing10%, no excuse for Manning.

Maybe some of the coaches took a cut for a set amount of money.....$20,000 or $50,000 or...you get the idea. That would lead to differing percentages.

Manning said whatever figure we end up with on the buyout they can take fifty bucks off.

Manning says "not enough paint touches or free throws" That is his excuse for everything

I wouldn't have taken a 10% pay cut if I were Manning and I knew the AD was trying to fire me or I was trying to negotiate a buyout. That's dumb.

Now, if I were Manning, maybe I'd take a 10% pay cut for one year with a guarantee that I wouldn't be fired for two years.

Manning does’t need a guarantee that he won’t be fired for two years. And I’m relatively certain Manning wouldn’t want to do anything that would enable Wake to re-open his contract.

Back