• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

It seems the upper reach candidates are Beilein, Matta, Willard.
The this is what you get Wake, and you'll like it candidates are Forbes and Miller.
Then names like Odom are what happens if everyone decides Wake Forest sucks, which is unlikely.

Didn't people make this same argument against Oats and then he pulled in a few great players his first full recruiting class at Alabama?

Forbes was also central for recruiting at Wichita State that led to winning about 70 games in two years.

I’d be thrilled with Forbes or Miller.

I would be pretty disappointed if it's Miller. We are literally the only job opening right now. The lack of competition should have us aiming higher.

Wes Miller is simply not good enough to compete in the ACC. He’s risen to the level of his competence already.

We’ve gotta do better than that or we’ve got Bz 3.0

Between the lines in Currie's statement is money is not an issue for this hire.

See how easy firing someone is for a pro like Currie.

I've enjoyed reading all of these articles. Remember how I was insane to suggest Miller or Kelsey for the Wake job? "Never happen."

Ten years ago and six years ago, you certainly were regarding HOF Wes. At this point, it would be disappointing.

FWIW a valid source says Wes Miller is on the list.

Y’all need need to chill. There’s not a bad name on the same list that everyone’s been throwing around, all of them better than the last two we’ve had. That includes Miller, so cut ought the unnecessary dissing of him. Miller wouldn’t be my first choice, but he’d be fine.

Y’all need need to chill. There’s not a bad name on the same list that everyone’s been throwing around, all of them better than the last two we’ve had. That includes Miller, so cut ought the unnecessary dissing of him. Miller wouldn’t be my first choice, but he’d be fine.

Depends on your goals. I don't think he'd be a top 5 coach in the ACC.

Wes Miller is simply not good enough to compete in the ACC. He’s risen to the level of his competence already.

We’ve gotta do better than that or we’ve got Bz 3.0

He’s definitely not at the top of my list, but getting UNCG to be a consistently top 100 team is pretty impressive.

I would be pretty disappointed if it's Miller. We are literally the only job opening right now. The lack of competition should have us aiming higher.

Same here. Miller should be the backup plan unless $ is an issue.

No it is a reasonable argument that may or may not be accurate in this case

Please tell me what you know about Forbes history as an assistant coach recruiting high school players. I can tell you this, he has a better history recruiting HS players than Oats did pre-Alabama, and Oats signed a few 4* players in year one, and is a serious contender for multiple 5* players in 2021.

We will be building a new, much smaller stadium next. Currie is no dummy.

Back