• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No buyout. Fired for cause

I agree that those statements seem inconsistent with a firing for cause.

And here's what Currie wrote in From the Quad:

Keep in mind that if there's going to be litigation over a for-cause termination, and statements made by Currie in his official capacity could be used as admissions but the University.
Those statements aren’t meaningful admissions. Manning can prove those things. And he probably offered Manning a chance to make a statement in the release and Manning took him up on it

Manning wanted his full buyout or to continue as head coach. Just consider firing Manning for cause to be the next phase of negotiations of his buyout. Wake's current buyout offer is $0 but will increase substantially during further negotiations among lawyers or in the courts. This allows us to move on from Manning now and continue thr buyout negotiations.

Could go the Kansas football route and self-report a ticky-tack recruiting violation like an impermissible phone call to the NCAA that only nets you a slap on the wrist, but use it as "cause" to fire Manning.

Those quotes could indicate that negotiations are on-going or that a satisfactory settlement has been reached. If so, I seriously doubt that it was for the reported buy-out amount.

They just put out a press release with a quote from Manning thanking the Wake Forest community for the opportunity to coach here. I’m gonna say there is zero chance this is true, regardless of the source.

Plus Currie and Hatch were effusive in their praise for Manning in that press release as well. Not the quotes one would expect to see from a college if they were going to say they fired a guy for cause.

This is just bullshit internet board nonsense.

Did we ever get the definitive word from RJ on the amount of the buyout?

Manning wanted his full buyout or to continue as head coach. Just consider firing Manning for cause to be the next phase of negotiations of his buyout. Wake's current buyout offer is $0 but will increase substantially during further negotiations among lawyers or in the courts. This allows us to move on from Manning now and continue thr buyout negotiations.

Good insight and understanding of the situation.

Did we ever get the definitive word from RJ on the amount of the buyout?

Why should I say anything?

From very shortly after Goodman's tweet, I told the board his numbers were bullshit. Then, this year I got written info that the number was BS (and has been confirmed by two people here). Then, Currie said not to believe the media stories about the buyout.

Still, buttermaker and others refuse to admit they were wrong and I was right all along. They still give me shit about it. Why should I share other info?

Let the snide remarks ensue.

Back