• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

(Virtual) Lunch w/ Coach Forbes - TODAY, 10/1 @ 12pm ET

Yep. Enjoyed the zoom meeting.

Great coach. We're going to be good again.... and soon. :thumbsup:

I know basically zero about Ingraham; was it just a mention of his name, or did he offer anything else (aside from injury recovery)? Because almost anything would be more than I currently know. Word.

Saw at least three different blue hairs picking their nose. Not sure if they realize they could turn off their own video.

I know basically zero about Ingraham; was it just a mention of his name, or did he offer anything else (aside from injury recovery)? Because almost anything would be more than I currently know. Word.

He's a large man. We need big bodies. Hopefully, he can bang a bit.

He's a bit of an unknown for me, too. But I think he's a bit of a bruiser -- he came to Wake at 283 pounds and was down to 260 after summer workouts.

Forbes mentioned him in just saying he's going through rehab and that "he’s got great size and great potential."

If Ingraham can give us 12-15 good minutes then I would set the O/U win total for this season at 13.5

If he isn’t able to contribute then I’d drop it down to 10.5

That projection is given we don’t get a viable transfer big man.

Key thing that I picked up is that he recruits offense and teaches/coaches defense. Our team will get after you on the defensive end.

Key thing that I picked up is that he recruits offense and teaches/coaches defense. Our team will get after you on the defensive end.

In his hiring presser he said he wants to create havoc on defense...Said they’ll pressure the ball and play some full court press. It’ll a welcomed change and refreshing to watch if it works.

That projection is given we don’t get a viable transfer big man.

I won’t set win totals, but I tend to agree with your thinking about Ingraham.

Our “PF” position last year, especially in Feb/March, was roughly 2/3 Mucius and 1/3 Massoud. Manning never played Sarr and Ody together.

So while I’d like another capable 4/5 on the roster (beyond Ody and Ingraham), it’s not like we’ll lose every game without one.

In his hiring presser he said he wants to create havoc on defense...Said they’ll pressure the ball and play some full court press. It’ll a welcomed change and refreshing to watch if it works.

If so, the dude is going to drop another 13-14 pounds.

Bumping for another "State of the Program" Update today at 12pm.

“My name is David S. Pumpkins, and I’m going to scare the hell out of you.”

.....and I am in for the virtual lunch.

First one I've gotten to attend. The more I hear from Forbes, the more I like him. Speaks with no pretense, no ego...he's self-effacing, smart, funny, insightful...can't wait to see what he can do with this program.

Some highlights (so far):

Questions about the guards:
Forbes says the ballhandling has been pretty bad. Lots of trying to do too much and getting used to playing fast. They keep stats on every practice, and assist to turnover ratios are bad.

Questions about bigs:
Ody has been great... Brings energy every day. Has put on some weight. Has great feet. Thinks he'll be one of the few 5s he's coached that he can switch on defense with.
Okpomo is a freshman. Some days he looks good. Some days he looks like a freshman.
Tariq still isn't able to play on both ends due to his injury. Conditioning an issue, also due to the injury. Great hands. Big smile.
Says Ish will play the 4 and sometimes the 5 if they go small ball. Ish is very coachable. Turning the ball over too much right now. Hasn't been shooting as well as he can. Just had lasik last week, so maybe that'll help.
Mucius will also play the 4 at times.

Talked about practices: They clearly focus on defense first and try to fatigue the players early on in practice. Will do some drills (got into specifics), but also likes to play (scrimmage) a lot because you can't recreate actually playing.

What do we need to complete the recruiting class? "We need great players. We need some size and length in the post. Current bigs are a little undersized. Maybe a bigger wing. Will NEVER turn down a great player."

Top music for motivation? Loves music. In high school, he used Rush. Now that he's older, he likes Boston, Queen, Eagles, Steely Dan. Enjoys all kinds of music.

Also said that practice performance will strongly determine playing time.

Ody will still be a work in progress on offense, but his ability to essentially defend any spot on the floor is so valuable.

Back