• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

6/29 Mafia Sign Up - Closed. - Game Open

Shit you could probably just run a 13-4 ABC/Captain Pick game at this point

I already said I would play in this game tejas

sure

Monday could be busy, but otherwise should be a good week for more mafia

if Im captain I'm picking gouda.

you all already know.

I’m probably going to cry when more people sign up for this on a short week than signed up for Rick and Morty.

Can we do a sunday banter opening for this game? I have a few pent up items to discuss. Like 80s movies - are they really good or just nostalgic good? Like I made the kid watch Fletch with me because it was one of my favorite 80s movies and on a rewatch, its not that funny - there are some great quotable lines, pretty sure I have said Dr Rosenrosen 100s of times in my life, same with Sugar Mr Poon - but I found myself being forced to laugh.

Now I am debating about rewatching them all again and completely killing my youth memories of funny movies. Teen Wolf is likely up next.

Can we do a sunday banter opening for this game? I have a few pent up items to discuss. Like 80s movies - are they really good or just nostalgic good? Like I made the kid watch Fletch with me because it was one of my favorite 80s movies and on a rewatch, its not that funny - there are some great quotable lines, pretty sure I have said Dr Rosenrosen 100s of times in my life, same with Sugar Mr Poon - but I found myself being forced to laugh.

Now I am debating about rewatching them all again and completely killing my youth memories of funny movies. Teen Wolf is likely up next.

There are a LOT of super rough rewatches from 80’s movies

Some problematic John Hughes stuff for sure. 80s teen comedies in general are rough by today’s standards. But the 90s aren’t off the hook either. Jesus, I can’t believe I once watched American Pie and thought all that shit was not only hilarious, but socially acceptable.

Always Sunny nailed it with the skiing episode.

Some problematic John Hughes stuff for sure. 80s teen comedies in general are rough by today’s standards. But the 90s aren’t off the hook either. Jesus, I can’t believe I once watched American Pie and thought all that shit was not only hilarious, but socially acceptable.

Movies generally fit the norms and mores of the years they are made. Notions of what is acceptable and funny change over time.

Thus situations that were considered "funny" 35 years ago are not so much funny as painful as society has changed.

Humor done at the expense of some group of people is no longer considered acceptable "funny."

80s movies are still hysterical and I will fight anyone who says different. 16 candles, ferris bueller and uncle buck are awesome.

Don't you go SJW on me. Inappropriate shit can still be funny.

I need to watch Great Outdoors again. I showed my oldest Little Monsters. Howie must’ve been going through an 8 ball per take.

Airplane! is a good example of some bad moments in a great movie

I dig the weird John Cusack movies of the 80s like Better Off Dead, though it has been a while since I've seen one, so maybe they don't actually hold up

I listened to Funky Cold Medina yesterday. Whole lotta date rape. And some heteronormative stuff too.

Back