• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football issues

It's been truly awful for those in nursing homes. Yet, even fancy and expensive senior living facilities have been on lock down. My wife and i had considered such a move, but no way until all this is over.

We were at the early stages of looking for a place for the in-laws. Thankfully we found affordable live-in care weeks before everything went down.

The bar is pretty low.

I'd be just fine with 1000-2000 total fans or less. Just not sure how they pull off football?

We were at the early stages of looking for a place for the in-laws. Thankfully we found affordable live-in care weeks before everything went down.

My mother-in-law is in early Alzheimer's and it's just a matter of time before she's going to be more than my father-in-law can handle at home. I just hope before she has to go to a facility the Covid situation is over, because it's going to be hard if not impossible for my wife and father-in-law to agree to put her somewhere if they think that won't be able to go see her frequently.

Sorry... I know this is wrong place... But those that think this isn't real... Please tell that to my three students here in indy who tested positive and took it home to their grandparents who are all now dead! These kids now have to live with this the rest of their lives!

wear masks and all that stuff but realize too that old people die. If they did not die from corona they probably would have died from a stroke or alzheimers or dementia. So the three kids should not have to live with any guilt. Just like all the convoluted numbers coming from the nursing homes. Lets see what the US numbers end up being at year end 2020 as it relates to geriatric deaths. How much different was that age bracket really different because of corona than normal because remember, old folks die. And these corona numbers have been built up by the states and the media into numbers of other causes of deaths to make this pandemic look worse than it really is--which is not much worse than the flu and way less worse than late term abortions which kills far more people each year.

wear masks and all that stuff but realize too that old people die. If they did not die from corona they probably would have died from a stroke or alzheimers or dementia. So the three kids should not have to live with any guilt. Just like all the convoluted numbers coming from the nursing homes. Lets see what the US numbers end up being at year end 2020 as it relates to geriatric deaths. How much different was that age bracket really different because of corona than normal because remember, old folks die. And these corona numbers have been built up by the states and the media into numbers of other causes of deaths to make this pandemic look worse than it really is--which is not much worse than the flu and way less worse than late term abortions which kills far more people each year.

Bones, a piece of friendly advice. If you find yourself, either in person or online, trying to downplay the severity of COVID19, don’t do it. The pandemic is very real, and very severe. We have lost 150,000 US citizens and we are going to lose a lot more. That’s the bottom line. There are other ways to look at the data, such as excess deaths compared to previous years, and those data are really bad too. No way you slice the data looks good, and that is even with somewhat decent social distancing.

Politicizing COVID19 is also a really bad idea, and in my opinion represents the major failure of our country compared to others. Instead of coming together to fight the virus as a country, we have spent months politicizing a virus that doesn’t care one bit about politics. We have wasted months arguing about aspects of the virus that needed no argument (socially distance, wear masks, don’t use meds that are harmful), instead of formulating a coherent national plan to test, track, and control.

You are right that those poor kids should not feel guilty about their grandparents, but there are a lot of adult leaders in the US government that should.

No words...just a single pic... 🖕... This is what's so fucked up in this world... "Old folks die"... You are a piece of.... You're not even worth it.

Did you ever think that perhaps many "old people" don't want to die? Many want to live. And when they die, they would prefer not to die alone in hospitals cut off from family, suffocating and in pain. Your rationale is unbelievably callus.

Bones, a piece of friendly advice. If you find yourself, either in person or online, trying to downplay the severity of COVID19, don’t do it. The pandemic is very real, and very severe. We have lost 150,000 US citizens and we are going to lose a lot more. That’s the bottom line. There are other ways to look at the data, such as excess deaths compared to previous years, and those data are really bad too. No way you slice the data looks good, and that is even with somewhat decent social distancing.

Politicizing COVID19 is also a really bad idea, and in my opinion represents the major failure of our country compared to others. Instead of coming together to fight the virus as a country, we have spent months politicizing a virus that doesn’t care one bit about politics. We have wasted months arguing about aspects of the virus that needed no argument (socially distance, wear masks, don’t use meds that are harmful), instead of formulating a coherent national plan to test, track, and control.

You are right that those poor kids should not feel guilty about their grandparents, but there are a lot of adult leaders in the US government that should.

Well said, Rafi.

It's amazing the direction the thread has gone....... Back to the original topic. Any word on the ACC going conference only? Including Notre Dame? Full schedule? 8 game schedule? No schedule....... Fans in the stands? No games for fans to watch........

It's amazing the direction the thread has gone....... Back to the original topic. Any word on the ACC going conference only? Including Notre Dame? Full schedule? 8 game schedule? No schedule....... Fans in the stands? No games for fans to watch........
Notre Dame. Join the conference or die.

2020 season looks to be a lost cause. :(

Get a vaccine in 2021 and go from there.

Notre Dame. Join the conference or die.

If they join fully, we have 15 schools. We'd have to add another to make it even. Is West Virginia that school? They are out of place in the Big XII. Their academics don't match the ACC's historic level, but who really thinks this shit is about academics anymore? We let Louisville in with sub par academics.

Likely that UConn would be a candidate for #16. Their football team is shopping for a conference home.

Back