• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mafia Off Season Thread

Donkey Deac Doug

Loves Dicks
Reaction score
I require that DaDeacs talks about food, bym talks about nerd shit, Gouda about bees and snobunnies, and everyone else bitches about how JTP is a piece of shit season ender.

We can also complain about your middle school jokes, right?

I'm thinking of moving back to NYC in a couple of weeks to witness the bum explosion of 2020 or whatever is happening up there. Because of that, I need to eat through the shit I have bought over the last couple of months.

Breakfast today was coffee cake using Bobs Red Mill mix. Its actually good. Unfortunately, I am out of sugar of any kind now, so I had to use whip cream for my coffee. Its fine.

I'm thinking of moving back to NYC in a couple of weeks to witness the bum explosion of 2020 or whatever is happening up there. Because of that, I need to eat through the shit I have bought over the last couple of months.

Breakfast today was coffee cake using Bobs Red Mill mix. Its actually good. Unfortunately, I am out of sugar of any kind now, so I had to use whip cream for my coffee. Its fine.

What's up with a bum explosion? We talking like homeless people or when Gouda eats Chipotle?

I will most likely be calling on Gouda to help me start some bee hives

Maybe

What's up with a bum explosion? We talking like homeless people or when Gouda eats Chipotle?

Homeless. Apparently, there a bunch of shutdown streets where there are now basically homeless camps everywhere. The shelters are too full so the city is paying hotels to take in a bunch of them in. Its causing an increase of drug arrests, gun violence and angry karens getting mad that they have to see the homeless everyday. The cops are too busy everywhere else to do anything about it unless there is real violence - so its more an annoyance to the people paying $texas for rent and not wanting to have to deal with it on an everyday basis.

It will likely come to a head with more national attention when school starts back in a few weeks though, because there are still a bunch of kids ages 9-13 that walk or take public transit to get to school.

So, I guess shit too - cause where else they going to use the bathroom, Starbucks? I mean, they do that too - and generally end up in the bathroom for like 20 minutes. Its pretty crazy to watch - I used to sit in a Starbucks for a few hours while the kid does his after school sports stuff and the cavalcade of people coming into Starbucks and going straight to the bathroom is the epitome of crazy people watching.

Homeless. Apparently, there a bunch of shutdown streets where there are now basically homeless camps everywhere. The shelters are too full so the city is paying hotels to take in a bunch of them in. Its causing an increase of drug arrests, gun violence and angry karens getting mad that they have to see the homeless everyday. The cops are too busy everywhere else to do anything about it unless there is real violence - so its more an annoyance to the people paying $texas for rent and not wanting to have to deal with it on an everyday basis.

It will likely come to a head with more national attention when school starts back in a few weeks though, because there are still a bunch of kids ages 9-13 that walk or take public transit to get to school.

So, I guess shit too - cause where else they going to use the bathroom, Starbucks? I mean, they do that too - and generally end up in the bathroom for like 20 minutes. Its pretty crazy to watch - I used to sit in a Starbucks for a few hours while the kid does his after school sports stuff and the cavalcade of people coming into Starbucks and going straight to the bathroom is the epitome of crazy people watching.

This is top quality content.

I think we're going to get some amazing video when kids filter back to school.

capitalism, baby!

three vacant homes for every homeless person in New York

I mean its what happens when you make people rely on the government and not on themselves. I have family that just abuse the system and it pisses me off. Some people actually you know need that help not my 25 year old cousin who just pops out babies and is too lazy to work.

I mean its what happens when you make people rely on the government and not on themselves. I have family that just abuse the system and it pisses me off. Some people actually you know need that help not my 25 year old cousin who just pops out babies and is too lazy to work.

lol ok Mr. Personal Responsibility

my point is less on the demand side than on the supply side where the free market has created -- and continues to create -- housing that goes unused because housing is a commodity

capitalism doesn't have a production problem

it has a distribution problem

my point is less on the demand side than on the supply side where the free market has created -- and continues to create -- housing that goes unused because housing is a commodity

Don't worry, the invisible hand will begin distributing it equitably any day now

Housing is it's own can of worms. It's an actual fucking nightmare to build housing of virtually any kind in the United States right now. I dipped my foot back in building a home this year and the county and city level Governments (which were fucking bad when I quit in 2008) have gone completely bananas.

I've been building homes for decades and having some 20-something inspector try to fail my framing job because he measured more than 8" between nails on a corner is just fucking bananas. Dude can't tell the difference between a 12d and 16d nail, but wants to pull his fucking code book out to hose me down for two weeks. The self-righteous zoomer/millennial attitude is just the icing on the cake. He's not "sticking it to the corporations" he's delaying my fucking project by two weeks so he can feel self-important.

Inspections are necessary to establish a minimum level of quality, but let the market take it from there. We've gone totally crazy with a city the size of high point having a huge staff of building inspectors.

I can't imagine trying to build low-income housing in NY right now. I would seriously consider killing myself if someone was going to force me to deal with all that bullshit.

Housing is it's own can of worms. It's an actual fucking nightmare to build housing of virtually any kind in the United States right now. I dipped my foot back in building a home this year and the county and city level Governments (which were fucking bad when I quit in 2008) have gone completely bananas.

I've been building homes for decades and having some 20-something inspector try to fail my framing job because he measured more than 8" between nails on a corner is just fucking bananas. Dude can't tell the difference between a 12d and 16d nail, but wants to pull his fucking code book out to hose me down for two weeks. The self-righteous zoomer/millennial attitude is just the icing on the cake. He's not "sticking it to the corporations" he's delaying my fucking project by two weeks so he can feel self-important.

Inspections are necessary to establish a minimum level of quality, but let the market take it from there. We've gone totally crazy with a city the size of high point having a huge staff of building inspectors.

I can't imagine trying to build low-income housing in NY right now. I would seriously consider killing myself if someone was going to force me to deal with all that bullshit.

On the other end of the spectrum, building software is like the wild west. Half of the shit we stand up is like the old wild west movie sets where the facade of a building falls flat on its face

I live in a building that was called Trump Place when I moved in, but has since been changed from a vote from the renters. Trump didnt build or manage any of the buildings on my block that had his name (6 of them), he just licensed his name. Was a genius move.

NYC is an insane place for renters, one of the only places where I have seen the renter pay the broker fee. Makes it almost impossible to rent a decent place without giving up your life savings to cover first month, last month, security deposit and broker fee up front even if you have plenty to cover monthly rents.

Lots of people offering no fee rentals right now, which is nice for the people actually staying in the city.

I work in affordable housing development and the economics of that are completely different than market-rate development

Back