• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Gameday on 9/12

Where will Gameday be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The league really wants to make sure if they don’t get a Clemson-ND title game, they get a Clemson-UNC title game. We got hosed on the schedule and it was no accident.

Sure seems that way. The difficulty dichotomy is stark.

Sure seems that way. The difficulty dichotomy is stark.

If you're making schedules from scratch with no real rules, you have got to make sure you don't accidentally end up with Wake or BC in the title game.

By the way, our sports marketing folks should put the fact that we have the best winning percentage in the ACC Championship game in the media notes for every game. We're at 1.000 and Clemson is at .857.

My expectations weren’t high but that was even more of a let down than I imagined.

Wasn’t expecting much, but to only get a short pre-recorded interview with Clawson was disappointing. Really surprised there wasn’t even a brief segment on our facilities.

I thought it was pretty well done. Interview with Clawson featured indoor facility, Coach Forbes riding motorcycle with Deacon on field, setup of stadium looked good on TV, CP3 game picks.

The crew talked about Boogie Bashan a few times. A tour of facilities is not a Gameday thing, generally.

I thought it was pretty well done. Interview with Clawson featured indoor facility, Coach Forbes riding motorcycle with Deacon on field, setup of stadium looked good on TV, CP3 game picks.

The crew talked about Boogie Bashan a few times. A tour of facilities is not a Gameday thing, generally.

The “interview” was a 30 second prerecorded clip. Usually there are stories on Gameday about the players on the home team. We got none of those.

This. It went fine. More campus shots would have been nice (Chapel and Admin) but still, a good commercial for Wake. The wet weather probably prohibited some cool campus shots. I bet google searches for Wake Forest spiked during Gameday. That in itself would be good.

This. It went fine. More campus shots would have been nice (Chapel and Admin) but still, a good commercial for Wake. The wet weather probably prohibited some cool campus shots. I bet google searches for Wake Forest spiked during Gameday. That in itself would be good.

Hey Siri......tell me about the Forest of Wake.

Overall it was about as expected , considering the odds of us ever having a normal season Gameday is very low. As mentioned, they really needed a live, longer interview with Clawson, but you really can’t complain otherwise. Gameday is a show for all of college football, and considering we are not ranked, not uncommon to not go into depth with the host school. With the slobbering about Howell, and UNC, we are probably fortunate that UNC did not host today.

Also agree the Clawson interview was a good way to show off the indoor facility. That was a really good camera angle. That's such a great facility.

Fairly underwhelming but agree with others about general exposure for the program. Would have hoped for maybe an interview with Basham or some other player highlight.

If you’re disappointed I feel like you’re probably underestimating the effort and work that went into getting as much in as they did. Doesn’t make much sense to compare it to other Gamedays.

You’d think if they were going to have an entire segment on the impact of COVID you’d include the coach who is isolating from his family.

The “interview” was a 30 second prerecorded clip. Usually there are stories on Gameday about the players on the home team. We got none of those.

Absolutely no effort by college game day crew to do any research on WF players. They discuss the obvious Boogie and Dez gave shout out to Hartman, but could have discussed how dangerous and prolific our offense has been over last 4 years no matter who leaves and who is coming back. All WRs last year basically came out of nowhere with little previous production (or even playing WR like Hinton). Donovan Greene upside after big flashes Last year? K Walker big potential. How Dave has built depth on D?

I think they all just watched Highlights of the last 2 or 3 Wake/CU games and that was it. Lazy lazy effort but not surprised.

They spent more time on players who aren’t playing then players who are. And they didn’t do a good job of either. No mention of any of our NFL Deacs. Hartman was a throw in and there was no mention of anyone else.

Dabo got a 3-4 minute live interview from his hotel conference room joking and laughing with the Gameday crew. Clawson got a brief taped interview.

Yep, that Game Day was pandemically pathetic.

Guess that's what happens when you host it as about a 5 TD dog. :(

Back