• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Mount Rushmore of Breakfast Cereals

tagsfan

Reaction score
Wheaties
Cheerios
Shredded Wheat
Sugar Smacks

I know, I know. At least 2 of these choices will be derided. The taste buds want what the taste buds want. There should be no argument about Wheaties, however.

My wife and I have been crushing some old school favorites during quarantine. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is at the top of my list. Will give consideration to my other 3.

There's only room for one. The one cereal to rule them all.

00842601.jpg

Last edited:
Trix
Chex
Cheerios
Wheaties

Trix, a large OJ and raisin toast were my early daily breakfast for decades. Coffee followed. Eggs, bacon etc. required a couple hours before consuming. Yes, I am over 55.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Y’all can argue over the other three.

Seriously tho, unless it is a protein heavy breakfast I don't want it. The fact that it is acceptable to give our kids a large does of carbs and simple sugar to start the day is wild. Big food getting out of control.

1) Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds
2) Cinnamon Toast Crunch
3) Raisin Bran - solid staple
4) Frosted Mini Wheats

I want variety in my cupboard: something (corn) flaky like HBO, sweet like CTC, wheat flaky like RB, crunchy like FMW.

Lucky Charms
Fruity Pebbles
Apple Cinnamon Cheerios
2 GD Scoops of raisins Raisin Bran

Seriously tho, unless it is a protein heavy breakfast I don't want it. The fact that it is acceptable to give our kids a large does of carbs and simple sugar to start the day is wild. Big food getting out of control.

this is the right answer

but if you must have cereal (other than plain oatmeal with fresh fruit), give Peanut Butter Chex a look

I'm a fan of some of the Great Grains products, but generally eschew cereal as I do most breakfast foods.

Cheerios
Rice Krispies
Raisin Bran
Capn’ Crunch

this is the right answer

but if you must have cereal (other than plain oatmeal with fresh fruit), give Peanut Butter Chex a look

I’m a big fan of a bowl of Cheerios and blueberries.

Back