Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 College Football Coaching Carousel: Sark to Texas

Quote Originally Posted by BTB View Post
    I don't think Clawson is likely to be a serious candidate or that he is likely to leave but I do think the Illinois job is much better than you suggest. The recruiting footprint isn't bad when you think about the other teams in the B1G West. Who in that division has a better one? Certainly not Nebraska or Iowa. NW is a better location but it's limited my admissions. Purdue, Wisconsin and Minnesota have no obvious geographic recruiting advantage.

Plus, Illinois just last year opened an $80m football facility that according to Tom Luginbill is one of the 5 best he's seen. https://fightingillini.com/facilitie...pect%20hosting.

And as consistent as Wisconsin and Iowa have been, it's not like you have to get past OSU or PSU or Michigan to win that division. If Illinois hires the right coach, there's no reason it can't be relevant in that division. Their last 3 hires, Ron Zook, Tim Beckman and Lovie, were objectively awful hires.
    I don't see a full indoor football practice facility.

No team wants to see the Philadelphia Chicks on Their Synchronous Periods in the playofffs.

Quote Originally Posted by HONDO2 View Post
    I don't see a full indoor football practice facility.
    They got Hot Shot Basketball and a Bowling Alley, how's anybody supposed to compete with that, I mean come on!
    boorish ruffian

Quote Originally Posted by BTB View Post
    I don't think Clawson is likely to be a serious candidate or that he is likely to leave but I do think the Illinois job is much better than you suggest. The recruiting footprint isn't bad when you think about the other teams in the B1G West. Who in that division has a better one? Certainly not Nebraska or Iowa. NW is a better location but it's limited my admissions. Purdue, Wisconsin and Minnesota have no obvious geographic recruiting advantage.

Plus, Illinois just last year opened an $80m football facility that according to Tom Luginbill is one of the 5 best he's seen. https://fightingillini.com/facilitie...pect%20hosting.

And as consistent as Wisconsin and Iowa have been, it's not like you have to get past OSU or PSU or Michigan to win that division. If Illinois hires the right coach, there's no reason it can't be relevant in that division. Their last 3 hires, Ron Zook, Tim Beckman and Lovie, were objectively awful hires.
    Clawson interviewed in Indy yesterday, fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3.O View Post
    Clawson interviewed in Indy yesterday, fwiw.
    boorish ruffian

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    New poster who signed up 3 years ago delivers some major scoop?

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    New poster who signed up 3 years ago delivers some major scoop?
    If you can figure out why I would've signed up 3 years ago, you can connect the dots on why I'm here.

If you can figure out why I would've signed up 3 years ago, you can connect the dots on why I'm here.
    Help me Obi-wan, you're my only hope.
    boorish ruffian

Sam Hartman! Welcome to the boards!
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    I was thinking it was Lembo's daughter.
    boorish ruffian

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Right idea. Wrong sport.

Right idea. Wrong sport.
    Do we get to ask questions like in "Who am I." I'll go first, are you a former US President?
    boorish ruffian

Quote Originally Posted by liveanddiedeac View Post
    Do we get to ask questions like in "Who am I." I'll go first, are you a former US President?
    Yes, next question.

I'm nobody significant other than I know that Clawson interviewed in Indianapolis yesterday along with a few other candidates, and I was here the last time Illinois and WF were involved with each other. That said, I think you guys are likely safe at the moment.

Yes, next question.

I'm nobody significant other than I know that Clawson interviewed in Indianapolis yesterday along with a few other candidates, and I was here the last time Illinois and WF were involved with each other. That said, I think you guys are likely safe at the moment.
    Hot damn, I'm getting close. Ok, do you like cigars, but don't smoke them?

(If this one comes back yes, the next question is going to be about blue dresses and the case may be solved)
    boorish ruffian

I assume it involved the recruitment of a Chicago PG ...

Yes, next question.

Ayo Dosunmu, got it.
    Draxx them sklounst

The Pumpfaker
    If Illinois is willing to keep throwing money at the problem they could come out of this with a good hire - I read that Lovie pocketed $6M last year, which would certainly be enough to grease the wheels for even a lateral move.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by w84it View Post
    If Illinois is willing to keep throwing money at the problem they could come out of this with a good hire - I read that Lovie pocketed $6M last year, which would certainly be enough to grease the wheels for even a lateral move.
    Damn. Yeah, makes sense Clawson would take a meeting to double or close to double his salary.

who are the likely Auburn candidates?