Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 College Football Coaching Carousel: Sark to Texas

I certainly don't know that a meeting didn't happen, but it seems like it would be really weird to have an in-person meeting at this point in time. At least not until the very end of the process, and then I would think it would be on campus so the coach could see the facilities and what not. I believe Forbes said all of his interviews were done via Zoom, and then he met Currie in Asheville to finalize everything.

Plus, Wake still has a regular season game this weekend (no idea if they practiced y'day), and Clawson has the whole gotta be extra careful with Covid because of his wife thing going on. Though maybe he is back to living out of his office now that they are playing/practicing again?

2020 College Football Coaching Carousel: Illinois fires Lovie; Auburn fires Malzahn

Iím sure Clawson just disregarded all protocols heís gone through since July to take a plane ride to Indianapolis to interview for a job. Lol, he wears a mask within his own home to keep his wife safe from COVID. I highly doubt he just decided to take those risks this late into the season.

Quote Originally Posted by deacon22 View Post
    Iím sure Clawson just disregarded all protocols heís gone through since July to take a plane ride to Indianapolis to interview for a job. Lol, he wears a mask within his own home to keep his wife safe from COVID. I highly doubt he just decided to take those risks this late into the season.
    C3P.0 said he did, why would doubt a translator droid from a galaxy far, far away?
    boorish ruffian

Now that I think about it, wouldnít it be super hypocritical and unprofessional for a coach to leave his players in a bubble to fly across the country to have a face to face Interview for another job
    Draxx them sklounst

I don't think our players are in a bubble, are they? They are hopefully taking all reasonable precautions.
    Letís get this done!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobacco Road View Post
    I don't think our players are in a bubble, are they? They are hopefully taking all reasonable precautions.
    They are now. Since the other students left campus, the football team has moved into a hotel. They all have their own rooms and basically only see each other at practice.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever

2020 College Football Coaching Carousel: Illinois fires Lovie; Auburn fires Malzahn

Seems like students going home would reduce the need to stay in a hotel. They each have a solo room?

I am sure others clarify, but (IIRC) players might stay in a hotel between semesters because campus is closed.
    Regardless, a hotel isn't a bubble if the public is allowed to stay. The point of a bubble is that people don't enter and exit the bubble.
    I doubt the players are locked in their room all day.
    Letís get this done!

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Oh of course. Thanks.

Footballscoop.com which is pretty good on the coaching carousel stuff has also linked Clawson to the Illini job, though he doesn't seem as high on their list as other coaches.

He isnít going there. Enough of that

No idea if he is going there or not but surprising to me that there isn't more chatter on here about it. Not exactly "Grobe to Arkansas"

Clawson said that he would not let Kendall Hinton into the locker room to speak to the team because Kendall was not in the team's bubble. Dave might have answered the phone call and might have done a Zoom call, but there is no way he is going to get on a plane and go have a face to face meeting. He cares too much about his team and his family to do something that stupid. IMO

All this talk about the Illini has me remembering John Mackovic and the speculation that he might leave Wake for Notre Dame back in the day. Given that the Irish ended up with Gerry Faust, they should have tried harder.

Buffalo coach is leading candidate for the Illinois job.

Illinois would be a good lateral move for Clawson. Dave's reputation is building winning football programs where none existed. That's Illinois. He would be given the time required for a complete rebuild and appreciated for progress. There aren't many Power 5 schools with a fan base that would see Clawson as a good hire, give him the time required to succeed, appreciate him for the rebuild and pay him for it. He is a proven program builder. A 50% increase in pay might get his attention if he showed interest. Given the current economics, I suspect Illinois is looking for a Clawson profile at a lower price.

For a host of reasons previously mentioned, I doubt Clawson leaves Wake for Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by deacon22 View Post
    You don't have to believe, but it's been reported on multiple Illinois sites that he did along with a handful of others. Again, doesn't sound like the job will be offered to him or he turned it down, so it's not a concern for you.

Broderick Hicks
    Bielema to Illinois.

Way to think outside the box, Illinois....Bret Bielema? Guess they are hoping he re-creates his Big Ten magic.