• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Plans To Propose All Inclusive NCAA Hoop Tournament

Interested to hear the format, given it gets hairy after 256 teams (which is already 8 rounds).

It's an interesting proposal, but I doubt it goes anywhere. It does have some gravitas coming from the ACC (and Coach K), however.

looks like Forbes finally got himself the blue checkmark. I was wondering about that last week when he was going to get it.

Just for fun, took a quick look to see what the 2020 all-inclusive 353 team tournament would've looked like if the Selection Committee had simply adopted the KP ratings:

WF would've been seeded #103. The top 159 teams would have gotten a bye... So, the 2020 Deacs would've received a bye into round two ("in your face, for those that dared to criticize 2020 WF basketball"). I believe as the #103 seed, WF would be playing the #154 seed (Wofford), who also would've received a bye, in the Deacs' first matchup. So, the Deacs tourney opener would've pitted the 13-18 #103 T-13th in the ACC, Demon Deacons, against 19-16 Wofford (the 7th place team in the SoCon).

If the Deacs won the riveting matchup with Wofford, they would play the winner of #26 Penn State (RJ says the Nittany Lions suck) versus the play in winner between #231 North Dakota/#230 Albany.

Just for fun, took a quick look to see what the 2020 all-inclusive 353 team tournament would've looked like if the Selection Committee had simply adopted the KP ratings:

WF would've been seeded #103. The top 159 teams would have gotten a bye... So, the 2020 Deacs would've received a bye into round two ("in your face, for those that dared to criticize 2020 WF basketball"). I believe as the #103 seed, WF would be playing the #154 seed (Wofford), who also would've received a bye, in the Deacs' first matchup. So, the Deacs tourney opener would've pitted the 13-18 #103 T-13th in the ACC, Demon Deacons, against 19-16 Wofford (the 7th place team in the SoCon).

If the Deacs won the riveting matchup with Wofford, they would play the winner of #26 Penn State (RJ says the Nittany Lions suck) versus the play in winner between #231 North Dakota/#230 Albany.

Can you imagine the emotion coming out of BC if he led us to an NCAAT first round victory ?

RChill would remind us that we made the tourney and Manning’s trajectory is just fine.

I mean with conference tournaments leading to automatic bids isn't the NCAA tournament already all-inclusive? Everyone has a chance to win their way in.

I mean with conference tournaments leading to automatic bids isn't the NCAA tournament already all-inclusive? Everyone has a chance to win their way in.

Agreed. There are only 7 teams that can technically end their season with a win; everyone else plays until they lose. NCAA champ, NIT champ, CBI champ (i think it's still around) all end with a win. The other four are the 4 bottom teams in the Ivy League who don't make the Ivy League tournament; they can win their last game of the regular season and end on a high note.

Every time I read "all-inclusive" I think about eating and drinking myself into a stupor.

Which is what I'd probably do if there were an NCAA tourney with roughly 4x the number of games.

Every time I read "all-inclusive" I think about eating and drinking myself into a stupor.

Which is what I'd probably do if there were an NCAA tourney with roughly 4x the number of games.

You're right. They should build a big cruise ship for the NCAA tournament. An Ark, if you will.

Pretty much sums up my trip to "Beaches Ocho Rios" a few years ago. Yes I'll have another steak and lobster, yes I'll have another "dirty banana," yes this is my 4th trip to the crepe bar today.:thumbsup:

Back