• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

W S Journal

Deac65

Joe Amonett
Reaction score
Maybe it's me, but I was disappointed by the lack of coverage in the sports page about the game. National TV game, host of gameday with very little about the game. I remember past seasons when there was just a regular season game and we would have player match-ups, even depth charts one year. I don't even remember them mentioning where and when gameday could be found and the time of our game was with all the other tv games. I just think the Journal missed a chance to showcase WS and Wake.

Maybe it's me, but I was disappointed by the lack of coverage in the sports page about the game. National TV game, host of gameday with very little about the game. I remember past seasons when there was just a regular season game and we would have player match-ups, even depth charts one year. I don't even remember them mentioning where and when gameday could be found and the time of our game was with all the other tv games. I just think the Journal missed a chance to showcase WS and Wake.

We are lucky to have a good writer who gives a damn and that the Journal is still here to give us any coverage. They had articles all week about CGD. If you didn't know what network to find CGD or our game and it's time, I got nothing for you.

Are you disappointed that they didn’t mention that ESPN College Gameday is on...ESPN?

Deac65, 1979 calling. There is this new cable network based in Connecticut called Entertainment and Sports Programming Network. Try it, you might like it.

I assumed 65 was talking about coverage of the drive-in set up and how to participate.

I didn’t go to Wake. Didn’t even apply because I figured I had no shot. Sometimes I feel it wouldn’t have been that much of a reach.

I mean ...

We've had at least one Wake football story per day for the past week. GameDay is on 9-12 a.m. on ESPN ... kinda feel like if you watch college football, you know that.

Now, the preseason coverage this year pales in comparison to the past couple of years. But the pandemic and Wake's restrictions on visitors to campus meant nobody could go to fall camp practices. I'm at the mercy of access I'm given and this year, that's been a sliver of what it normally is. It's nobody's fault (unless you want to turn this discussion political), but instead of talking to Clawson 4-6 times/week and select players every day, we got Clawson three times in the past month and maybe 15-20 player interviews. Half of the time with Clawson and the players is spent discussing the pandemic and racial injustices, which is what I've written about.

If you wanted to know how Trevor Lawrence matches up against Wake's D ... well we're about 75 minutes from the answer there but shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I mean ...

We've had at least one Wake football story per day for the past week. GameDay is on 9-12 a.m. on ESPN ... kinda feel like if you watch college football, you know that.

Now, the preseason coverage this year pales in comparison to the past couple of years. But the pandemic and Wake's restrictions on visitors to campus meant nobody could go to fall camp practices. I'm at the mercy of access I'm given and this year, that's been a sliver of what it normally is. It's nobody's fault (unless you want to turn this discussion political), but instead of talking to Clawson 4-6 times/week and select players every day, we got Clawson three times in the past month and maybe 15-20 player interviews. Half of the time with Clawson and the players is spent discussing the pandemic and racial injustices, which is what I've written about.

If you wanted to know how Trevor Lawrence matches up against Wake's D ... well we're about 75 minutes from the answer there but shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Conor- Just ignore those idiotic comments. You do a great job of covering the Deacs. With your presence on these boards and on social media, I feel like Wake is getting more local coverage than ever before.

Conor, you are doing an excellent job. In my day, 50 years ago, Winston was a Carolina town (that was barely more than a decade after the move west). I assume it is still that way unless Wake has a very good team.

Conor, you got my endorsement above. I didn't want to call you a great writer as some jerk in this environment might have taken umbrage to my criteria.

College football tv listings at the very bottom of the page were hard to find. There used to be a separate Game Day section for Wake. Where is nfl coverage today?

Today the Sports ‘ section is separate and 5 pages long. Since the pandemic hit, its been 3 pages on Sunday at the end of the business section. Need space for all the Wake-related articles we want to read. Conor is dedicated to the Wake beat and does an excellent job.

College football tv listings at the very bottom of the page were hard to find. There used to be a separate Game Day section for Wake. Where is nfl coverage today?

Surprised with no NFL coverage and not even a tv schedule. Even more surprised with Conor byline not on any game reports. All good I hope

Surprised with no NFL coverage and not even a tv schedule. Even more surprised with Conor byline not on any game reports. All good I hope

All good; John Dell wrote our "buzzer story" to alleviate some of my workload last night. Filed my analysis story at 4 a.m. after getting home.

The way some here treat fellow Deacs perplexes me and part of the reason I don’t show here very much any longer. 65 is a genuinely nice guy and loves the Deacs.

Completely agree. 65 makes a legitimate point. Conor does a great job covering Wake, but the Journal sports coverage generally is pretty weak. And if you disagree, say so. But don’t be a dick.

All good; John Dell wrote our "buzzer story" to alleviate some of my workload last night. Filed my analysis story at 4 a.m. after getting home.

Awesome. Didn't want your comment about CU posters to have impact as it was spot on

Just to clarify, I was in no way trying to disparage Conor.I love what he is doing and have said so many times on this board.

Back