• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's been a pleasure

I have unfollowed more than one sports personalities over them making political posts. Sports is an escape from the day-to-day grind. If I am following you for sports information, I really don't want to hear your political opinions.

Just like OGB has WF sports, The Pit and The Tunnels forums - there is a time and a place for everything.

I have unfollowed more than one sports personalities over them making political posts. Sports is an escape from the day-to-day grind. If I am following you for sports information, I really don't want to hear your political opinions.

Just like OGB has WF sports, The Pit and The Tunnels forums - there is a time and a place for everything.

yeah except Twitter doesn't have divisions like that, so people are free to post what they like, when they like. if that damages your sensitive little eyes, then so be it.

yeah except Twitter doesn't have divisions like that, so people are free to post what they like, when they like. if that damages your sensitive little eyes, then so be it.

LOL at my sensitive little eyes snowflake.

i literally saw 91deac and thought to myself, crap another 9xdeac making the rest of us look like assholes.....and this was BEFORE i knew what you had posted.

I say nothing bad about sport's personalities - just that I typically unfollow them when they make political posts because I like my sports fandom to be an escape.

Barca calls me sensitive

I call him sensitive

and I am the asshole.

Makes sense to me :werd:

I say nothing bad about sport's personalities - just that I typically unfollow them when they make political posts because I like my sports fandom to be an escape.

Barca calls me sensitive

I call him sensitive

and I am the asshole.

Makes sense to me :werd:

But you called him sensitive because you're sensitive.

It is possible to just ignore stuff you don’t like or agree with. To just move on without comment.

Posting about your offense is an invitation to scrutiny and criticism of your expressed offense.

Well ... shit. Step away for an afternoon/evening to hack away at Tanglewood and miss some fun stuff here.

Conor, just read your Tweet about the Proud Boys, etc. This is a free county and you are welcome to your opinion, but in my opinion, you should stick to writing about the Deacs. Personally, I will no longer follow you, read your articles, or fund your new start-up. I would say this no matter what my personal political beliefs may be. I do feel that you should not use your forums to state your personal biases. Bye.

Uhhhh, OK. Buh-bye. I'm Proud of you for sharing your opinion.

And yet this guy’s complaint wasn’t about anything Conor posted here. There are any number of ways he could have let Conor know his thoughts on the tweet, but he decided to leave twitter and post it publicly on this forum instead.

Sure seems like you only care about civility when it’s old white guys getting attacked.

This is where I'm at. You don't like what I said on Twitter -- so you bring it here to a new audience. JOJESMA must be really fun at parties.

Y'all should really sign up for the substack. I really enjoyed the piece with perspectives on Andersen's emergence from former walk-ons Jack Freudenthal and Grant Dawson.

To end with some positive notes here, thank you ipitytheblue. I really enjoyed writing that, and enjoyed even more catching up with Jack and Grant. So many times with guys like them, we develop relationships and interview them throughout their final seasons and then ... trying to say this with some sensitivity ... you kind of run out of reasons to talk to them. I wish it wasn't like that, and so I was fired up to reconnect with those guys and get their perspectives on what it's like to be a walk-on at Wake who eventually earns a scholarship, and for them to put Nick Andersen's story in their perspective.

I can't thank those who have signed up since yesterday enough for subscribing, and the same goes for those who posted links on here directing them to it. I haven't even had the Substack for a month and I'm blown away by the support. It's required me to think of my work in more of a marketing sense, which is completely unfamiliar for me. And though I've always thought of myself as an independent person, it's a bit harrowing to not have an editor for the first time in my career.

But, I've got some interesting stories in the oven to get through the off week. Football and basketball crossover season covering Wake will look different for so many obvious reasons. I'm happy to continue writing what I know and to continue posting here ... and tweeting whatever the fuck I want.

It is possible to just ignore stuff you don’t like or agree with. To just move on without comment.

Posting about your offense is an invitation to scrutiny and criticism of your expressed offense.

That is the heart of the matter. I am not offended - just don't want to combine the 2 things.

And regarding your first comment - it is possible for you to just not post political stuff too.

Bottom line - you can post whatever you like and I can decide weather or not I want to follow you. That's how it should work. But as a business guy, you should understand that some of your potential customers feel the way I do. Wasn't it Jordan that said - Republicans buy sneakers too. Good luck with your new business model.

Umm..I’m not the sports writer.

If you post here your unhappiness about something, prepare to be scrutinized or even criticized.

Umm..I’m not the sports writer.

If you post here your unhappiness about something, prepare to be scrutinized or even criticized.

My bad - thought you were.

You know though - "It is possible to just ignore stuff you don’t like or agree with. To just move on without comment." I am just saying.

I do that all the time.

And if I choose to post a perspective, I consider scrutiny or criticism reasonably expected.

I can't imagine the mental gymnastics you'd have to go through to get to what jojesma posted. Basically saying that reading a tweet calling out a white supremacy group (Proud Boys) decreases your enjoyment of sports so drastically that you are no longer interested in reading the work of one of the two most prominent reporters covering your favorite university's sports teams.

Those of you that do think that way should probably take a closer look at some of Les's past tweets and go ahead and stop being a Wake Forest fan though. I promise we will all miss you very very much.

Surprised folks like JOJESMA are still around after helmetstickergate

Surprised folks like JOJESMA are still around after helmetstickergate

Ha this is exactly what I was thinking. Well, that and how Karen-esque that god-awful post was, complete with a sassy "bye" for good measure. It must be awful to not just think like that but to then feel compelled to vomit it up somewhere for others to roll their eyes at.

still waiting for him to share the tweets where he called out all other sports media who posted political opinions on twitter

Back