• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson QB Lawrence tests positive

That sucks.

Lol at biff and all the rubes mad at Jamie for opting out.

Is there? 10 day isolation I believe. Did he isolate today? If he did, the 10th day is next Saturday. Are you able to come out of isolation on day #10, or do you have to wait till #11?

Is there? 10 day isolation I believe. Did he isolate today? If he did, the 10th day is next Saturday. Are you able to come out of isolation on day #10, or do you have to wait till #11?

The test was taken yesterday, so that was Day 1 of the isolation. However, the ACC rule is either a positive test or the beginning of symptoms and since he said he has mild symptoms I guess technically the day 1 could start on Tuesday or even Monday depending how they tried to push it. I would think if he is no longer sick and has a negative test then he will play against Notre Dame next week.

Though as a Clemson fan, I'm not 100% confident that they win against BC Saturday. DJ U (not going to try to spell it) hasn't really played and when he did it was with 3rd and 4th string WR and oline, so there is no telling how good he really is at this point. Also, Clemson is missing 2 starting linebackers and 3 starting d linemen, and possibly 2 starting corners on defense. That game could get really dicey.

Last edited:
Clemson will have a tough game no matter what. EVERYBODY they play has a free pass because they're expected to lose. But the truth is Clemson is far too good to lose during the regular season, especially if they don't have too many key player losses. The bigger player availability issue for them is that 5th yr senior middle linebacker James Skalski is out for several weeks due to a groin surgery. Brent Venables' son Jake, a sophomore, is gonna start and play a lot for the next month, and whoever's behind him on the depth chart is really, really inexperienced. DJ U is super talented at QB and will be able to manage simpler game plans without too many problems. He will raise a lot of eyebrows at how talented he really is. He'd be the starter at most other schools.

WGAF? It's a virus that most people will eventually catch and 99.99% who are not weak or old will recover from with no ill effects. This is actually great news for Clemson as this assures he will not catch covid for the playoffs.

WGAF? It's a virus that most people will eventually catch and 99.99% who are not weak or old will recover from with no ill effects. This is actually great news for Clemson as this assures he will not catch covid for the playoffs.

Is this a joke?

Thanks a bunch Dillon.... I am 82 and a Wake grad. So you are telling me I likely WILL catch it and highly likely will die from it.

I still don't understand why ND was able to move their game against the Deacs when other teams just have to play through it

I still don't understand why ND was able to move their game against the Deacs when other teams just have to play through it

I don't agree with it, but I think it's because they were basically down 1-2 entire position units. If Clemson's 4-5 scholarship QBs were all out with COVID, this would be getting postponed.

I'm happy it happened. Maybe there would have been a huge jump from the state performance to ND the next week, but I think the extra time off helped the team, especially the D, get better. I think Wake will be a better team when it plays ND in December than it was in September.

Between this and your comments on the Feinstein thread, you're on quite a roll.

I'm happy it happened. Maybe there would have been a huge jump from the state performance to ND the next week, but I think the extra time off helped the team, especially the D, get better. I think Wake will be a better team when it plays ND in December than it was in September.

Interesting. Now WF has a shot against the #4 team in the nation; wasn't that long ago DS couldn't wait to dive on the "WF is headed for an 0-10 ACC season" Bandwagon.

Back