• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Will the Zags Go Unbeaten?

Gonzaga looks scared of the Baylor players in the paint, on both ends.

I haven't seen players attack the offensive glass like that in awhile.

Zags will make a run and tighten it up. It'll be within 5 by the 10 min mark of second half.

How did Duke miss out on Timme? Not as much flexing tonight though

Foul trouble will be what costs Baylor this game, if they end up losing.

Is Baylor’s Teague related to Wake’s Teague?

Is Baylor’s Teague related to Wake’s Teague?

I don't believe so.

That first offensive call on Suggs was very waek and impacted the game. Although not rebounding early was worse.

No dog in the fight, but what a horrible last 10 min by the referees. 13-2 FT disparity against the team dominating the game is some Duke level trash reffing.

No dog in the fight, but what a horrible last 10 min by the referees. 13-2 FT disparity against the team dominating the game is some Duke level trash reffing.
I disagree. Most of their points are coming off jump shots, three pointers, and uncontested layups. Other than one or two missed foul calls, they just haven't drawn contact or needed to draw contact on their scoring plays.

I disagree. Most of their points are coming off jump shots, three pointers, and uncontested layups. Other than one or two missed foul calls, they just haven't drawn contact or needed to draw contact on their scoring plays.

Baylor much more aggressive defensively, so not surprising they picked up more fouls.

But there weren’t many obvious bad calls/no calls. Big part of it was Baylor shooting 12 3s and a bunch of jump shots from holes in the Gonzaga zone vs Gonzaga slashing to the rim (once they finally got their offense going)

Fair take. I thought 2 of the last 3 calls on Baylor, especially the one where Timme brought the ball down low into a triple team, were really bad calls. Also thought Suggs shoved Mitchell out of bounds blatantly for his 3rd foul after the almost-steal that resulted in his wide open layup down the lane. You could hear Mitchell yelling right after it happened.

Fair take. I thought 2 of the last 3 calls on Baylor, especially the one where Timme brought the ball down low into a triple team, were really bad calls. Also thought Suggs shoved Mitchell out of bounds blatantly for his 3rd foul after the almost-steal that resulted in his wide open layup down the lane. You could hear Mitchell yelling right after it happened.

Correct. Suggs shoved Mitchell out of bounds after Mitchell picked him clean. It’s not as bad as Riley rolling to the rim and getting mugged. But a clear foul.

What a response. Suggs and Timme have to take over to have any chance here.

Back