• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: Longwood Lancers, 7 pm Friday November 27 - ACCN

Sure, we are going to take our lumps, but I've seen enough to know Forbes instills confidence in the team and they know what they are supposed to do. The teams of the past 10 years reflected the personalities of their coaches, this one already reflects the personality of Forbes.

I think we'll do better than most expected because Forbes will push them to be better together than the individual pieces.

I hope we can sign a quality power forward or center in the spring. Ingraham has good offensive skills but can’t rebound or defend. And the class of 2022 must focus in the front court.

The #6 recruiting class in the ACC is still pretty great, especially for us right now.

Yeah, if the perception is that we are the worse team in the league, recruiting in the top half is an accomplishment.

Loved seeing us get punched in the chin but not fall down and give in. A Manning coached team falters after Longwood takes that 5 point lead but I had a feeling all along we could handle it tonight. I was disappointed that we didn't drive more against Longwood's ball pressure defense, because when we did our guys were more skilled and athletic and blew by guys to the rim. We started doing that more in the second half and it forced Longwood to back off which opened up room for the shooters as well, improving their percentages. If guys are guarding in our faces on the perimeter we need to blow by them to keep them honest.

I really like Tariq's offensive game but I am worried about his rebounding....25 minutes over two games and 0 defensive rebounds.

Yeah, that's tough stat for a guy playing the 5. I will also be interested to watch going forward the play calls in crunch time, or during a run by the other team, when Wake really needs a basket. Does Forbes run something for the most reliable scorer and/or hot hand or allow the team to run the basic spread/movement offense and hopefully come up with a good shot? I guess my concern was magnified last night with outside shots not going in and some questionable shot selection at times.

Last edited:
I think that our best players being transfers is fine and expected, considering how bad we sucked before.

Muscius and massoud are the two guys on the team that spent the most time with Danny Manning coaching and at least after 2 games they have struggled the most versus expectations. coincidence?

Muscius and massoud are the two guys on the team that spent the most time with Danny Manning coaching and at least after 2 games they have struggled the most versus expectations. coincidence?

It takes effort to unlearn bad habits. Then more effort to learn good ones.

Also, I don't think Massoud pictures himself as a "center."

It takes effort to unlearn bad habits. Then more effort to learn good ones.

Also, I don't think Massoud pictures himself as a "center."

Massoud looks very unnatural as a stretch 5. Hopefully once Ody comes back he slots into a more comfortable spot at the 4.

Good stuff — thanks Conor! So cool to see CP3 and Ish on campus and supporting the team. Seeing CP3 in particular must have been a huge thrill for the guys.

Good stuff — thanks Conor! So cool to see CP3 and Ish on campus and supporting the team. Seeing CP3 in particular must have been a huge thrill for the guys.

Thanks WRS!

DuBose lit up when talking about seeing CP3 in the Shah Complex. Kinda surreal to remind yourself that these guys are in the age range where they might have been just getting interested in basketball during the Lob City years, so they could've idolized him for a while. And coming to Wake obviously, they know all about him before they get to campus.

Does anyone know why Quadry Adams only played one minute against Longwood?

Because the game was close?

Does anyone know why Quadry Adams only played one minute against Longwood?

I suspect Forbes was trying to play the guys he thinks will be his crunch time guys against Longwood. He doesn't know who those guys are yet. Apparently, at this point in this season, Adams isn't one of them.

Still haven't seen any press for the Catawba addition Saturday, but it's on. 2 pm at the Joel.

Still haven't seen any press for the Catawba addition Saturday, but it's on. 2 pm at the Joel.

Why? Why not play one of the many D1 programs in this state, like Elon, App, ECU, Gardner Webb, or Campbell. Surely one of those teams could use a game. I hate playing a D2 school.

Back