• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at L'ville -- Saturday December 12 - Noon - ACCN

You don't have to die for COVID to fuck you up. And you don't have to be old. Out of the 5 or so people I know who got it, 2 of them have lingering issues, both are under 40. One guy still can't walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded months after his recovery, the other can barely taste anything. Actually worse what little he can taste is off, and things he used to like taste gross. Causing weight loss, messing with his head, etc.

I don't blame anyone for calling it quits. Especially now that there's an end in sight paired with a horrible lead-up to that end. Who cares if we beat FSU's JV squad? Hunker down and stay healthy until Spring. Play football is you want. Both sides seem reasonable to me.

So I looked at the roster on godeacs.com and Walker's name is no longer there? Mike Allen's name is even still there and I think he opted out before the season even started???

I don't remember Allen opting out. I think he was out possibly due to COVID though.

You don't have to die for COVID to fuck you up. And you don't have to be old. Out of the 5 or so people I know who got it, 2 of them have lingering issues, both are under 40. One guy still can't walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded months after his recovery, the other can barely taste anything. Actually worse what little he can taste is off, and things he used to like taste gross. Causing weight loss, messing with his head, etc.

I don't blame anyone for calling it quits. Especially now that there's an end in sight paired with a horrible lead-up to that end. Who cares if we beat FSU's JV squad? Hunker down and stay healthy until Spring. Play football is you want. Both sides seem reasonable to me.

Sorry for your friends' long-term side effects. But as I was stating, even all the way to the death numbers, we haven't seen those side effects reported for any 18-24 y.o. athlete, who is actively playing.

I have a 73 y.o. male friend who had it and only had a slight fever for 1 day and no other symptoms, and no LT side effects. He is a prostate cancer survivor. Similar for daughter's friend's 80 year-old grandmother....except no prostate issues...:)

Last edited:
The math on available vaccines doesn't add up for college sports in 2021. Considering two shots per person and the available announced product, I don't see 19 year old males receiving vaccine until September at the earliest.

I think this is a real concern. Haven't heard of 1 college athlete anywhere who's tested positive and died.

A Miami player announced this week he was diagnosed with myocarditis.

We have no idea what the long term impact of COVID is. Why risk it for two meaningless games against terrible teams?

It is hard for me to care at all about this game. Maybe I find an uptick in excitement by kickoff.

It is hard for me to care at all about this game. Maybe I find an uptick in excitement by kickoff.

I mean, I'm always excited to see our guys play, but I agree. With a month off, some guys not playing, there's no telling what we're going to put on the field Saturday. To me with all that's going on, it is kind of meaningless. However, if it means something to our guys that want to be out there, then it should mean something to us I guess.

Sorry for your friends' long-term side effects. But as I was stating, even all the way to the death numbers, we haven't seen those side effects reported for any 18-24 y.o. athlete, who is actively playing.

I have a 73 y.o. male friend who had it and only had a slight fever for 1 day and no other symptoms, and no LT side effects. He is a prostate cancer survivor. Similar for daughter's friend's 80 year-old grandmother....except no prostate issues...:)

So you've already projected long into the future that such cases won't have long-term side effects?

Ohh - I know you so badly want to say: "Its no big deal. It's the flu. Maybe even drop a "hoax" in there." It's called empathy look it up, and covid is real as shit.

FWIW, the L'ville weather is iffy for tomorrow's game. Supposed to rain in the morning start to clear around game. Will be windy (15 mph winds). This may put a premium on the run game.

Last edited:
FWIW, the L'ville weather is iffy for tomorrow's game. Supposed to rain in the morning start to clear around game. Will be windy (15 mph winds). This may put a premium on the run game.

Not such good news with KWIII unavailable. Maybe CBS picks up where Matt Colburn left off. He had some sweet runs against Louisville.

Did you hear about the travel problems yesterday. Problems with the plane. Didn’t leave W-S until around 8:30 last night.
So much for getting a good night’s rest before an early kickoff today.

Back