• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 2021: huge historic day today ! you are living history congrats !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see now that the picture is from the Irish times and not OC and my starling guess was partly based on the picture. I’d also guess it could be a mixed flock of common grackles and red winged black birds.

Great Blue Herons don’t need 10000 bros to back them up.

I don’t understand the reference but we have a blue heron that hangs out over the creek as well. I have seen him a few times in the last month.

And yes my bird herd is in south Charlotte. I have seen some red winged blackbirds out there but no clue what these are. They fly around in huge clouds, then perch in the trees, and then all of them leave at the same instant. It’s hypnotizing.

Why didn’t you old folks warn us that hangovers get exponentially worse when you get older and to drink up while you can ?

Why didn’t you old folks warn us that hangovers get exponentially worse when you get older and to drink up while you can ?

The worst is the “I didn’t even drink anything, I just ate fast food at 830 hangover”. Wait till that hits you, bro.

And yes my bird herd is in south Charlotte. I have seen some red winged blackbirds out there but no clue what these are. They fly around in huge clouds, then perch in the trees, and then all of them leave at the same instant. It’s hypnotizing.

The “fly around in huge clouds” comment makes me want to stick with starlings. Blackbirds and grackles form big winter foraging and roosting flocks, but they tend to be less organized. Here is a video of a staring “cloud” in Charlotte. This is called a murmuration when they fly in tight flocks that appear to have almost synchronized movements.
(I’m on tapa so embedding is annoying)

https://youtu.be/3g32QiPYwTg

You know what the Midwest is? Young and restless.

66a237cb7352a7c00dff05f3f638b640.jpg

3-4 ribeyes a week seems like a lot.

I just bought a smoker and I did think about getting a meat slicer too. $200 is a lot for a meat slicer.

I have a vague memory of a bonkers 2&2 post detailing how great his deli slicer is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back