• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

AP poll ...

23 NC State
24 Wake Forest
25 Clemson

I mean this is perfect. We’re ahead of the vaunted Fightin’ Dabos and our guys will look forward to taking down the Fightin’ Doerens

Conor with some good info.

Conor with some good info.

not to speak for him but Conor isn't submitting ballots for the AP top 25 this year

Wake Defense:
#8 in Scoring Defense (14.3 ppg)
#8 in Sacks (15)
#8 in Tackles for Loss (34)
#5 in Interceptions (7)
#20 in Passes Defended (21)
#17 in Fumbles Recovered (4)
#4 in Turnovers (11)
#6 in Opponent 4th Down Conversion (12.5%, 1 of 8)
#5 in Opponent Red Zone Scoring Percentage (54.55%)

Both:
#3 in Turnover Margin (+7)

Wake Offense:
#20 in Scoring Offense (38.8 ppg)
#22 in Sacks Allowed (5)

Individual:
Sam Hartman #16 in Passing TDs (9)
Sam Hartman #15 in Interceptions (1)
Sam Hartman #26 in QB Rating (162.87)
Luigi Vilain #24 in Sacks (3.5)
Caelen Carson and Traveon Redd #13 in Interceptions (2)
Caelen Carson #3 in Passes Defended (8)
Caelen Carson #6 in Passes Broken Up (6)
Ryan Smenda, Jr #6 in Fumbles Forced (2)
Nick Sciba #1 in Field Goal Percentage (100%)
Nick Sciba #8 in Field Goals Made (7)

Nice job Ph. A few more rankings to supplement.

#5 in Kickoff Returns (34.4 yards)
#19 in Punt returns (15.8 yards)

#20 in Offensive Efficiency
#36 in Defensive Efficiency
#3 in Special team Efficiency

#8 in Overall Efficiency

Apparently the ranking in both polls is well deserved and backed up by the numbers.

Thanks. CFBStats.com doesn’t have efficiency. I didn’t bother to look up return stats. The punt return yards is particularly impressive because all but 6 of the teams ahead of us have a TD or two. Morin has quietly done a great job. He’s #14 with 8 returns averaging 12.75 yards.

Naivete on my part but I was sure that our game time for Louisville would have been flexed for a later kick. lowf - at least we aren’t playing on Friday

Naivete on my part but I was sure that our game time for Louisville would have been flexed for a later kick. lowf - at least we aren’t playing on Friday

Playing national TV on Friday probably did a lot to raise our profile.

But it doesn’t make much sense that Syracuse/FSU gets 330 on ACCN and Louisville/Wake is relegated to streaming only.

But it doesn’t make much sense that Syracuse/FSU gets 330 on ACCN and Louisville/Wake is relegated to streaming only.
It doesn’t. Noon kickoffs suck, 3:30 is perfect. Only thing better is the occasional big time matchup at 7 under the lights, but Wake doesn’t really have the home crowd to take advantage of a real drunk night game atmosphere

The only thing close to “flex” is if they announce that they’re going to wait 6 days to announce the time. This was announced 12:30 RSN so that’s what it is. Sucks.

Last edited:
Our DB's are so good. Really our defense as a whole, if they stay healthy, should be a top-20ish defense by the end of the year.

Offense scoring on the first 7 drives at UVA is an absolute clinic. We just have to take each week like it's a playoff game. I doubt there's anyone in our locker room who doesn't fully believe we can win every game on our schedule.

It's up to our coaches and veteran leaders to keep us focused every snap of every game.

Now that we are in the top 25, each game is like a playoff game.

Nothing like Wake and BC are good and Clemson< UNC, Miami, and FSU are not that conference sucks. I wish we could go undefeated and run both Bama and Oklahoma in the playoffs.

WV absolutely choked a sure W against Sooner this past Sat. between a missed FG, a dropped Td, and bad snap miscue late when they were in Sooner territory. A one loss Sooners is going over undefeated Deacs. And yes I’m dreaming….

Just to clarify, this game is NOT streaming only.

Back