• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 MLB Season Thread

Assume that’s a slight flex because you can afford a $25 craft beer at a stadium.

Assume that’s a slight flex because you can afford a $25 craft beer at a stadium.

It was like $18 but I about shit myself. And I keep forgetting I hate session’s. 4.5% alcohol ain’t doing shit.

This would be the flex

431af685aa739f34a4e4bab38e346c03.png

It was like $18 but I about shit myself. And I keep forgetting I hate session’s. 4.5% alcohol ain’t doing shit.

This would be the flex

431af685aa739f34a4e4bab38e346c03.png

$18 for a 4.5% IPA is the definition of theft.

For comparison, I paid $15 for a 12 pack of Jai Alai today at Buc-ees.

Last weekend, I was at Great American in Cincy and felt like I was getting ripped off paying $10.25 for a 6% beer.

The shocking part is that the Dodgers still let Frank McCourt anywhere near the stadium.

He still owns the parking lot and my company is working on the whole gondola project to go from the train station up to the hill

Yanks (Cole) at Red Sox (Eovaldi) tonight. Yanks -125. JD Martinez is out.

Cards (Wainright) at Dodgers (Scherzer) tomorrow. Dodgers -225. Max Muncy is out.

FWIW,

Here are the 2021 payrolls for the 10 MLB playoff teams:

1. Dodgers $267 million
2. Yankees $207 million
4. Astros $194 million
5. Red Sox $184 million
9. Cardinals $168 million
10. Giants $163 million
11. Braves $147 million
13. White Sox $140 million
19. Brewers $97 million
26. Rays $70 million

FWIW, the top 10 payroll teams who missed the post-season:

3. Mets $199 million
6. Phillies $183 million
7. Angles $180 million
8. Padres $178 million

Last edited:
opening up space on the train for my chisox

p crazy the 106 win Dodgers have to win a one-game wild card playoff

Rooting for Braves, Rays, White Sox, Giants, Brewers, Dodgers, Yankees, Astros, Red Sox, Cardinals in that order.

Rooting for Braves, Rays, White Sox, Giants, Brewers, Dodgers, Yankees, Astros, Red Sox, Cardinals in that order.

Your bottom five are my bottom five, if slightly reordered. And probably most people’s.

Rays head into the playoffs with a 100 wins and starting rotation of rookies and MLB cast off Michael Wacha (and a deep lockdown bullpen). Last year, the Rays had Snell, Glasnow and Morton. Now, they may not ask a starter to go past the 4th inning. Will be interesting to see how that strategy plays out in the post-season. Despite the best AL record, the Astros are the favorite to come out of the AL. Don't think the Astros get past the White Sox.

FWIW, if the 106 win Dodgers lose to the Cardinals tomorrow; there is going to be griping how unfair it is to have the team with the 2nd best record in baseball eliminated after 9 innings. Hope it happens.

Game turned when Judge was gunned down at the plate with one out in the top of the 6th with Red Sox up 3-1. FWIW, no team had more players thrown out at home this year than the Yankees.

Game turned when Judge was gunned down at the plate with one out in the top of the 6th with Red Sox up 3-1. FWIW, no team had more players thrown out at home this year than the Yankees.

Stupidest play ever, even more so since Stanton hit that ball to left field which doesn't have much real estate at Fenway. Judge stays at third, then you have two cracks to get a single (granted, Joey Gallo probably wouldn't have gotten a mere single) that ties the game up.

Not sure whom I hate most, The Cards or the Dodgers, but it feels okay that the Dodgers won.
Hell of a game.

Edit: Thank God there's no fucking ghost-runner in the post-season.

Last edited:
Back