• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: WF at FSU : Noon Saturday -- RSN

Refs killed us in this game. 3 terrible calls in a row. Terrible. Right when we could have the chance to end it. I’m so fucking sick of bad officiating, and we are typically in the losing end. Jamie luckie is a piece of shit too. Total dick,

Dubose misses were the difference. Whitt with Ken miss Dubose with two. Have to make them.

It’s so easy to inbound the ball against us; yet, we suck at it

I thought we played pretty dang well. Top 20 opponent on the road, took them to OT after chances to win coming back from down 13. NOBODY has beaten the defending ACC champs at home in 2 1/2 yrs.

Dubose was great, any criticism of him is totally unwarranted. The guy was sick with Covid, out for two months, comes back and plays great. Just gassed at the end for the free throws.

We didn't set up a play to get him open. Nor did our guys look for him.

On any level, a guy as hot as he was should touch the ball every time down the court.

i don’t know why but i got reminded of that scene in the jungle book “there’s teeth on the other end!” when the bear is holding back tiger.

weird point i’m trying to make is that obviously fsu was focusing on not letting him shoot. and they have better players than us.

Dubose was great, any criticism of him is totally unwarranted. The guy was sick with Covid, out for two months, comes back and plays great. Just gassed at the end for the free throws.

agree, this team is orders of magnitude better with dubose

Yep, sucks that Dubose missed those FT's, but the guy had 18. In fact the transfers had 23, 18, 13 and 9. That's pretty damning.

Ref's let FSU be more physical, while (early) calling a foul on DuBose on a rebound when he bumped the FSU guy and gained no advantage. Seamed meaningless, but wasn't in the end.

Since we don't really know who is going to be hot from 3, I don't think our offense is geared up to just get the ball to one guy. Maybe we should but it's clearly more about ball movement to find the open guy.

Watching the returning players vs. watching the new players to the program really puts things in perspective. Hats off to Forbes. He’s going to bring us back. Hope Antonio, Dubose and Jalen all come back next year. Can’t say that for the folks who returned this year except Ody...sheesh. 8 combined points and defensive liabilities/walking TOs from 3/4 returning players.

Great effort by all the new guys and coach Forbes. Terrible play by all the Manning guys (especially Musius, Massoud, and Neath), even Ody misses way to many chippy layups and lets Barnes get a layup to tie the game at the end of overtime.

If you are going to post this; how about Williamson giving the ball away fore a breakaway dunk? Dubose missing two FTS?

This is what I'm trying to say. Hold everyone to the same accountability.

Yep, sucks that Dubose missed those FT's, but the guy had 18. In fact the transfers had 23, 18, 13 and 9. That's pretty damning.

Ref's let FSU be more physical, while (early) calling a foul on DuBose on a rebound when he bumped the FSU guy and gained no advantage. Seamed meaningless, but wasn't in the end.

Since we don't really know who is going to be hot from 3, I don't think our offense is geared up to just get the ball to one guy. Maybe we should but it's clearly more about ball movement to find the open guy.

And the results today bear that out. Johnson and Whitt both hit big threes for us late.

Pretty crazy that Jalen is more effective than Mucius right now and Whitt is already much better than Neath.

If you are going to post this; how about Williamson giving the ball away fore a breakaway dunk? Dubose missing two FTS?

The point is that sure, everyone made some form of mistake today but their contributions far outweighed those mistakes except for in the case of Mucius, Neath and Massoud.

Also, criticizing Dubose is dumber than dumb. He’s one of the main reasons we were even in the game and is coming back from Covid and not playing for 8-9 weeks. Salute to him...he played great.

i don’t know why but i got reminded of that scene in the jungle book “there’s teeth on the other end!” when the bear is holding back tiger.

weird point i’m trying to make is that obviously fsu was focusing on not letting him shoot. and they have better players than us.

That's why you set pick after pick.

I agree. So evaluating everyone’s pkay. Moussad terrible, muscuus bad, neath, meh

I love Forbes and our guys. Really hope Dubose and Antonio come back next season to help Whitt/Williamson/McCray and Hildreth.

Need to hit the grad market for a scoring wing and big

Moussad needs to take up tennis.

Anything that requires physicality, understanding of position or intensity then he provides nothing at this level. He doesn’t have any natural feel for how to play in the paint. He is a euro 4 that can’t guard the euro 4. Seems like a really nice smart kid, and is a great shooter, but the game is a lot more than that. He could really improve and get there, but that takes a lot of intensity.

Back