• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke Basketball Report on Forbes

loyal2afault

Reaction score
While I despise K and all the poorly behaving Duke fans as much as everyone else on the boards, I actually find the Duke Basketball Report website fairly informative overall about current ACC basketball (with the added benefit of snarky comments about Royboy and the Tarholes):bowrofl:

They have been particularly complimentary of the job Forbes has done with Wake this year, even suggesting he should be a viable candidate for coach of the year despite our record. Here's what they said this morning in their writeup about the FSU game: "But look at where Wake was in January, after its pause, and look where they are now. We don’t think anyone has done a better job coaching in the ACC than Steve Forbes has. Wake fans should be very excited about the future."

Glad to know someone else is seeing what we do.:dancindeac:

We need to use that Forbes praise as a recruiting tool.

"Look Mr. 5 star recruit, even Duke fans are saying I'm the best coach of all time"

Duke Basketball Report is far and above the best team dedicated media in sports.

Any chance we see Duke end their season like their women's team did? I'm sure the powers that be at Duke and in college athletics wouldn't let that happen but just a thought. Don't like relying on dookies or any other fans for validation but it's nice to see we're not the only ones thinking Forbes is already on to something. Can't wait to be a part of the rivalries on Tobacco Road once again and no longer be an afterthought.

Any chance we see Duke end their season like their women's team did? I'm sure the powers that be at Duke and in college athletics wouldn't let that happen but just a thought. Don't like relying on dookies or any other fans for validation but it's nice to see we're not the only ones thinking Forbes is already on to something. Can't wait to be a part of the rivalries on Tobacco Road once again and no longer be an afterthought.

Duke was the first school to shut things down last March, so it wouldn’t be too surprising. Their campus is still very shut down. If it’s looking like they won’t make the Tourney then they might pack it in.

Another asterisk in the Anals of Dook hoops.

Back