• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Strangelove was his best.

Spartacus was his most important for using Dalton Trumbull and help end the blacklist.

I bought the Kodiak Cakes pancake/waffle mix once and really liked it. So then I saw it at Costco and bought a huge fucking box of it containing 3 separate bags.

Came home to find out that my wife really didn't like them that first time... "They tasted too grainy or something."

So now it just sits there because I'm too lazy to make pancakes myself and my wife just makes the Krusteaz kind on the weekends and I eat those.

The giant Kodiak box mocks me every time I step into the pantry.

oh man I go through those costco boxes every few months. My kids love chocolate chip pancakes made with that mix.

I wish we had a Costco here, articles in the local paper pop up about once a year where they quote real estate folks saying Costco is shopping around, but nothing ever happens.

On a related note, I renewed my Sams membership yesterday and went there and stocked up.

oh man I go through those costco boxes every few months. My kids love chocolate chip pancakes made with that mix.

So did mine.

But they aren't the current pancake makers, so they go unused.

Maybe this weekend I'll make a huge thing of pancakes for everyone (except my wife).

I have this autistic freshman that is already better at grammar than I am, and he is uber competitive and just lays out the best shit talk to his classmates when we do group quizzizs, and he's basically my favorite part of teaching right now.

I wish we had a Costco here, articles in the local paper pop up about once a year where they quote real estate folks saying Costco is shopping around, but nothing ever happens.

On a related note, I renewed my Sams membership yesterday and went there and stocked up.

I love what Costco is about, but I don't have the storage space for buying in bulk - small pantry and only 1 fridge at my house. We go maybe 3 times a year...my FIL put my wife on his membership so we're not paying for it, otherwise we wouldn't even have a membership.

I used to make a big batch of pancakes every couple of weekends and just pop them in the freezer & toast them when needed.

So did mine.

But they aren't the current pancake makers, so they go unused.

Maybe this weekend I'll make a huge thing of pancakes for everyone (except my wife).

I’ve posted about it before but man getting an electric griddle has just leveled up my pancake game so much.

Also v important to use butter instead of cooking spray.

I have this autistic freshman that is already better at grammar than I am, and he is uber competitive and just lays out the best shit talk to his classmates when we do group quizzizs, and he's basically my favorite part of teaching right now.

Freshman with autism

You guys honestly make me wanna start doing the crossword but I don’t like being bad at things

That happened to me. I found one from 2017 for free online. First NY Times crossword I had ever done. I was feeling pretty good about myself until I learned it was a Monday crossword and supposedly Mondays are the easiest.

actually, my occupational therapist sister-in-law explained that people-first language is no longer preferred in the autism community

it's hard to keep up

is it that people-first is seen as offensive? or just a preference?

is it that people-first is seen as offensive? or just a preference?

I think the latter, but I really don't know

I remember taking a class 12 years back when I was briefly on track to be a SPED teacher and they really enforced person-first language in a class led by an autistic person/person with autism

I have a hard time making a big deal of it either way if it comes from a place of respect, but it is always fun to call out district's misplaced high horse posts

I think the latter, but I really don't know

I remember taking a class 12 years back when I was briefly on track to be a SPED teacher and they really enforced person-first language in a class led by an autistic person/person with autism

I have a hard time making a big deal of it either way if it comes from a place of respect, but it is always fun to call out district's misplaced high horse posts

My SIL once told me something = mis-placed high horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back