• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sean Hannity, private plane and WFU Tennis

also terribly unsurprising that Forsyth Country Day is connected

What's wrong the them hiring a qualified tennis coach ?

Also, the article referred to FCDS as a boarding school, which is something I didn't know.

Good article - as others have said, the writer put a lot of effort into that! I know the program well and would add the following to the story (I'll also add as a disclosure that I hate Sean Hannity's politics):

Patrick Hannity - he is definitely a good enough player to walk-on at Wake. He's better than most of the other walk-ons and has played and won some matches against other ACC players. He is also always at the matches and appears to be a great teammate, so it's not like he isn't part of the team. Also, he is incredibly outgoing and always leads the community events the team holds (like teaching tennis clinics to little kids).

Corey Parr - he is the assistant tennis coach at Forsyth Country Day. The FCDS tennis program has a lot of diversity - both the coaches and the players.

A lot of the people in the article seem to know each other - that's because they do. I don't think much of it is nefarious, it's just the way things work. Noah Rubin met Petros Chrysochos at junior Wimbledon, and Noah convinced Petros to come to Wake. Corey Parr trained Noah and Hannity, and they both ended up at Wake (where Parr played tennis).

I guarantee the NCAA compliance office at Wake has known about Hannity, the plane, and the house since Patrick first talked to Bresky. Bresky is the type of coach that knows the NCAA rules and will push right up to the boundaries of those rules.

Rafi will defend. (just joking, but I had to post it)

I think the article did a good job of showing how all of this falls in a grey area by saying Wake tennis is in the same category as Duke basketball and Alabama football.

What's wrong the them hiring a qualified tennis coach ?

Also, the article referred to FCDS as a boarding school, which is something I didn't know.

Correct, it's not a boarding school, and he's the assistant coach.

I think the article did a good job of showing how all of this falls in a grey area by saying Wake tennis is in the same category as Duke basketball and Alabama football.

Unfortunately, pushing things into the gray area is how programs gain an edge as evidenced by the other programs referenced. It would be wonderful if everyone in college actually played by the same rules, but they don't. Never have.

Lol, just look at the author’s Twitter page to understand his objective behind this nothing burger. Also, his lack of understanding on how kids verbally commit to schools before their junior year is something. He better never look into any P5 baseball programs because 90% of their players commit 9th/10th grade year.

That sounds awesome ! Now do it for a sport people care about.

Ha! I tried to pos rep you, but apparently I have to spread the love first.

Yep, those programs do some things that make you question them (like Duke using classes at NCCU or Bama hiring a ton of "advisors" rather than coaches), but they make sure they are within the NCAA rules.

Unfortunately, pushing things into the gray area is how programs gain an edge as evidenced by the other programs referenced. It would be wonderful if everyone in college actually played by the same rules, but they don't. Never have.

It's really about how much money a program has. This is why P5 teams are better than other FBS teams, which are better than FCS teams, which are better than D2 teams, etc.

rafi, care to address the other walk-ons mentioned in the article who have way lower rankings than Hannity but also happen to have wealthy parents who donate lots of money to Wake?

It must have broken Milhouse’s brain that a TENNIS program could command the use of an actual private jet.

Yep, those programs do some things that make you question them (like Duke using classes at NCCU or Bama hiring a ton of "advisors" rather than coaches), but they make sure they are within the NCAA rules.

exactly

which is why college sports as it is tries to market itself is a farce

rafi, care to address the other walk-ons mentioned in the article who have way lower rankings than Hannity but also happen to have wealthy parents who donate lots of money to Wake?

is that even a tiny bit surprising to you?

do you think Donald Trump Jr. earned his way into Penn based on his high school accomplishments?

Sure. They are all also very involved with the team - at all the matches, practices, etc. Several of them are not as good as Hannity, but they aren't terrible. The article mentions Charles Parry, for example. I saw him on may occasions working with Romain Bogaerts (former Wake #1) on their game together because they are both lefties. It's like having basketball walk-ons - they aren't nearly as good as the scholarship players, but they are part of the team.

Fuck Sean Hannity and WFU tennis for associating with him.

Last edited:
Back