• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Obviously, Forbes has the inside connection on Brewer, but according to twitter, the schools to first contact Brewer are Illinois, Texas A&M, S. Carolina and Loyola-Chicago.

Interesting. Would be great to bring Brewer on board. Keeping fingers crossed we can land a 6'9, 235 lb. power forward.

I wonder if we are still looking at 2021 Kacper Klezek...not sure spelling exactly but something like that.

He can play the 3 and 4. I think he's around 6'9... Hell let me find him and link something for you guys.

OGB, to be clear, Dallas Walton averaged 12 minutes per game, counting total minutes played by Walton (388), divided by total number of Colorado games (32).

This is some nonsense stat action right here. We adjusting everyone's mpg stat like this now?

Interesting. Would be great to bring Brewer on board. Keeping fingers crossed we can land a 6'9, 235 lb. power forward.

Ty Brewer is 6-9/210 so that combo would work.

Wait, what type of injury are we assuming Walton will have and how many games will he miss ?

Walton played 8 minutes vs. FSU in the Buffs' loss - 1 rebound, no shots, 3 fouls

he played 13 minutes in their win over G'town - 0 rebounds, 9 points (3-4 shooting including 1-1 from 3; 2-2 FT's), 1 assist, 2 TO's, 3 fouls

he looks like an all-star in the highlight reel but I am not counting on Walton being among the top few reasons we improve next year

You don’t think 15 minutes of Walton will be an improvement on Okpomo and Massoud at C?

You don’t think 15 minutes of Walton will be an improvement on Okpomo and Massoud at C?

15 minutes from a healthy Walton would clearly be an improvement. The "healthy" part is a legitimate question. But the incremental gain there will probably be lower than the incremental gains from:

1. LaRavia
2. Monsanto
3. Whitt with an offseason and a pre-season
4. Hopefully Mucius

I'd like to believe we wouldn't have brought him in unless we thought he was healthy enough to help out.

This is some nonsense stat action right here. We adjusting everyone's mpg stat like this now?

Nope. That's how KP calculates his participation percentages. Total number of minutes played by the player divided by total number of team minutes. It's not a novel concept as participation has to take into account both the player's minutes in games when he played and the games that he missed.

Last edited:
15 minutes from a healthy Walton would clearly be an improvement. The "healthy" part is a legitimate question. But the incremental gain there will probably be lower than the incremental gains from:

1. LaRavia
2. Monsanto
3. Whitt with an offseason and a pre-season
4. Hopefully Mucius

So you think a grad transfer 7-footer with a 22 PER in 15 mpg who can hit from deep is going to be an improvement over a top 300 freshman C with an 8.4 PER and an out of position, undersized stretch 4 and that improvement will be less than four other areas.

If that's true, we're probably a tourney team.

Nope. That's how KP calculates his participation percentages. Total number of minutes played by the player divided by total number of team minutes. It's not a novel concept as participation has to take into account both the player's minutes in games when he played and the games that he missed.

He apparently missed 4 games with COVID, which probably didn't help his minutes or production the rest of the way.

https://dailydallasnews.com/dallas-walton-overcomes-hamstring-injury-covid-as-buffs-look-to-7-footer-as-catalyst/

That site seems like automated news aggregator for news about Dallas, TX that just picked a story of Dallas Walton being out for COVID. But I can't find that story anywhere else. That's funny.

So Pilch, how many games do you think Walton is going to miss due to COVID next year?

So you think a grad transfer 7-footer with a 22 PER in 15 mpg who can hit from deep is going to be an improvement over a top 300 freshman C with an 8.4 PER and an out of position, undersized stretch 4 and that improvement will be less than four other areas.

If that's true, we're probably a tourney team.

where would you rank Walton on our list of most important transfers? I'm happy he's a Deac, and I have him behind LaRavia and Monsanto

I agree. I just think if you're right, we're going to see a dramatic improvement. Walton is 23 and will turn 24 on Jan 1. That's going to be a huge gain in experience.

Last edited:
sure. however, as OGB points out, #175 to #85 is dramatic improvement, but not dramatic enough to land on the bubble

https://www.buffzone.com/2020/12/31/cu-mens-basketball-notes-dallas-walton-sits-with-lower-leg-injury/#:~:text=Dallas%20Walton's%20leg%20was%20not,opted%20to%20proceed%20with%20caution.&text=CU%20head%20coach%20Tad%20Boyle,an%20unspecified%20lower%20leg%20injury.

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/01/31/cu-buffs-dallas-walton-overcomes-covid/

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/04/07/former-cu-buffs-center-dallas-walton-commits-to-wake-forest/

From that last article:
After suffering two torn ACLs in high school, Walton redshirted as a true freshman and averaged 5.7 points and a career-best 3.1 rebounds while starting 25 games in 2017-18 as a redshirt freshman. The 7-footer missed the following season due to another torn ACL and struggled in a limited role off the bench last season before regaining his form this past year, shooting 55% from the field while averaging a career-high 6.5 points.

He had a pulled hammy for 2 games and then missed the next 4 w/ COVID.

Maybe he's going to be even better than last year being another year removed from his 3rd ACL surgery... But I think it's overly optimistic to expect any more out of him than he was able to give Colorado last season. And I'd be shocked if he plays every game (simply because he's 0-4 so far in doing so).

These 3 guys look extremely talented:

Hildreth
Monsanto
McCray

We need LaRavia and Walton to bring it since we know we will get maximum effort from Mucius and Ody (love those guys and their commitment to this turnaround).

Back