• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

I wonder how attractive we are to an elite SF right now given that they are almost certainly going to have to play more post than they likely want. Also seen him listed anywhere from 6'7 to 6'9.

Swider and Mucius were friends if I remember correctly when we were recruiting him out of high school.

I wonder how attractive we are to an elite SF right now given that they are almost certainly going to have to play more post than they likely want. Also seen him listed anywhere from 6'7 to 6'9.

I think we'll be attractive because it seems like Forbes is only going to play one true post at a time.

That is why getting a good big on board is so important. Ody, transfer big and Tariq to handle about 65 - 70 min at 4/5.

Ingraham medically cleared to return!

Clemson's Johnny Newman just committed to Wes Miller and UNCG. Newman was a WF recruit out of HS. After starting and getting a ton of PT in 2020, Brownell buried Newman on the Clemson bench this past season. Newman has skills. Can see him excelling for the Spartans.

Also, Penn State Guard Jamari Wheeler committed to Minnesota this morning. Minnesota also landed GW F Jamison Battle yesterday. IIRC, both Wheeler and Battle had been mentioned as possible WF targets.

Finally, UNC walk-on Walker Miller (6-11 from G'boro; he's a stiff) also entered the portal this morning.

Wow - huge get for Wes.

Doesn't Ingraham still have 4 years of eligibility left?

He medical redshirted his first year and then the free covid year right.

Swear I can see Forbes having us rolling as soon as next year if he cashes out in the transfer portal hunt.

Doesn't Ingraham still have 4 years of eligibility left?

He medical redshirted his first year and then the free covid year right.

Yes, everyone (well the 5) returning players on the WF roster will be the same class next season; so:

Mucius will be a JR
Ody will be a SOPH
Williamson will be a JR
Whitt will be a FR
Ingraham will be a FR

It will be as if this past season never happened. FWIW, while WF does have 5 open ships. If no one leaves after next season, WF has 5 open ships over the next two seasons; so, unless WF brings in SR transfers, all new players brought in for next season will reduce available ships for the class of 2022.

not sure creamy but does anyone else thing we need to prioritize a big?

It's our #1 need. If we don't get enough bigs to play much better than we had this year, our season can only be marginally better than this year. After wee get a big, we need a couple of shooters as well.

6'9 LaRavia started it off. I bet we sign at least 1 guy 6'10+

That would give us Tariq, Ody, LaRavia and a transfer to eat up all the minutes at the 4/5

Back