Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060656667686970
Results 1,381 to 1,386 of 1386

Thread: WFU Hoops: '21-22 Roster Construction - Adding LaRavia, Taylor, & Walton

Iíve been really critical of Mucius because heís been disappointing, however, if he doesnít try to do too much and can be a more consistent offensive threat and give us something like 8/6 in about 15 minutes off the bench...I think we have four-five lineups that will make us pretty damn competitive. Forbes is going to turn this thing around soon. Go Deacs!

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Much of the "disappointment" around Mucius is that he's been asked to do too much on a team with too little talent. I'll think he would thrive with a defined role as a high energy bench guy.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGoldBeard View Post
    I don't know how we're going to be anywhere near a bubble team if 4 of our 5 starters are holdovers from last year.

I'm hoping for something more like this, at least by the end of the year:

PG: Whitt 25, DW 15
    SG: DW 12, Cam/McCray/Lucas 28
    SF: Monsanto 27, Mucius 13
    PF: LaRavia 29, Mucius 11
    C: Walton 20, Ody 18, Tariq 2

Hopefully one of the CML trio steps up to grab those minutes, and we have an 8-man rotation with occasional stints from others.
    Pretty much the same minutes I came up with. Doesnít matter who we plug into the starting slot. Point is overall minutes.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    We're all thinking pretty much the same minutes distribution which is impressive for a remade roster.

Quote Originally Posted by DCDeac View Post
    Yeah I think we'll be a lot better but not because of miraculous improvements from legacy players. Maybe a bubble team.

First, I expect we start LaRavia at the 4 and Walton at the 5, which transforms our front court. I don't expect Walton to play more minutes than last year, but I can see him in the exact same role with Ody playing a ton of minutes and Tariq likely more of a limited backup role. Don't see any of those guys playing the 4.

But the overall upgrade of that crew is just a massive upgrade from last year where we stuck a variety of 3's into the 4 spot and hoped Ody never got in foul trouble. If you're a number person we're replacing 16 points of offense and atrocious defense at the 4 for more like 24 points and better defense.

My expectation for Taylor and McCray is that they'll need a year to develop (would love to be wrong), I think Cam will be more ready based on who he's playing against. Daivian was our leading scorer, Mucius our leading overall output guy but he'll be pushed by Monsanto. I'm not sure how those minutes get split up but the overall talent is a big improvement over the minutes from guys like Neath or Jonah or Jalen. Better for sure though.

I see roughly a 10 point improvement in the front court and maybe 4 in the back court. I don't see the "4 of the 5 starters on a horrible team returning why expect better results" storyline playing out. We didn't have a PF on the roster last year, and paired that with a single (borderline) starting 5 with no legitimate backup.
    This is where Iím at.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Much of the "disappointment" around Mucius is that he's been asked to do too much on a team with too little talent. I'll think he would thrive with a defined role as a high energy bench guy.
    Yea i agree with this, Mucius would be good coming off the bench as an energy guy backing up Monsanto or LaRavia.