• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tourney Time: WF v. ND - Tuesday 7 pm ACCN

If somebody jumps off the Forbes bandwagon based on a game where we led a more talented team most of the way and lost on a 40 foot buzzer beater then they are a dumb person.

I'm not off the bandwagon, I still think he's probably a heck of a coach, I think he just needs to go get some winners. We've got a team full of guys that don't know how to win, not really their fault, but it is what it is. With the game on the line the ball was in the hands of the one guy one the team that might know how to win since he came from ETSU with Forbes, but there's a reason he went to an ETSU level program out of high school instead of a major program.

I'm not off the bandwagon, I still think he's probably a heck of a coach, I think he just needs to go get some winners. We've got a team full of guys that don't know how to win, not really their fault, but it is what it is.

We knew all that before last night. Hell, we knew that last summer.

Really the only questionable coaching decision was not having Ody in there more down the stretch. Possibly a few more rebounds and a few more points and a few less turnovers than with Massoud in there. Not calling a time out is no big deal. They practice the last second shots and we had the ball in the right guys had. He just didn't pull it off. Our offense and defense is so much better than last year. If we had Chaundee and Sarr it would be a totally different season. Not sure we have any players that would start for the majority of ACC teams which tells you something.

I agree 100% with your analysis. The only criticism I have had of Forbes all year is his use of Massoud in the post, especially in the last 5 minutes last night. Ody would have made a difference, at least, on the defensive end.

I'm not off the bandwagon, I still think he's probably a heck of a coach, I think he just needs to go get some winners. We've got a team full of guys that don't know how to win, not really their fault, but it is what it is. With the game on the line the ball was in the hands of the one guy one the team that might know how to win since he came from ETSU with Forbes, but there's a reason he went to an ETSU level program out of high school instead of a major program.
We lost 3 guys from last year's team who would be considered go to players from which was a bad team. We replaced them with mostly guys who were like the 7th or 8th guy in the rotation for other power 5 or NCAA tournament level programs. Williamson was great but he came off the bench and was the 3rd guard at etsu last year.

DuBose was supposed to be a go to player but the impacts of covid pretty much trashed his season

Before the season, I caught shit because I said we'd be lucky to win more than a few ACC games as we didn't have much talent and were a donut team. I hope Forbes stays for twenty and wins 500 more games, but this season's in game coaching was mediocre. The were no excuses for losing to F$U or ND. Those losses are on the coach. Other games we fell apart in games we should have expected to lose big but we never never stopped the bleeding.

Next year we will have more talent than this year, but we still lack a quality big or we will have another well below .500 season. I hope we get that guy or that Forbes builds off this year and wins twenty games. I want him to retire here, but he needs to coach better.

We lost 3 guys from last year's team who would be considered go to players from which was a bad team. We replaced them with mostly guys who were like the 7th or 8th guy in the rotation for other power 5 or NCAA tournament level programs. Williamson was great but he came off the bench and was the 3rd guard at etsu last year.

DuBose was supposed to be a go to player but the impacts of covid pretty much trashed his season

With all due respect to Dubose and he's a good player, but a transfer from Houston-Baptist can't be a go-to player on an ACC team. Yet that is where we were at.

Block/game-winner #3 on SportsCenter's top 10; feel like we should have been #1.
The audio was the ND radio guy; most enthusiastic call since Johnny Most's "Havlicek stole the ball".

With all due respect to Dubose and he's a good player, but a transfer from Houston-Baptist can't be a go-to player on an ACC team. Yet that is where we were at.

Never have truer words been spoken. While the wheels on the bus did come off the last few games the fact Forbes took a team losing 2 All ACC caliber players and left piecemealing parts that likely don't start for most BCS conf. teams including a kid that was playing HS ball in fall its pretty amazing how competitive we were all season. We hung in most games which is not what previous coach's teams ever did. With Cam and McCray coming in and some experience coming back in front court and players continuing to improve in his system I think next year we surprise a lot of folks. The team appears to be missing on court leaders which I think could be coming onto team next year as well which can make a huge diff. when it comes crunch time.

liveanddiedeac sure has been posting a lot for someone who claimed to be done with Wake sports until this fall.

Always sucks to lose a game in that fashion but prefer it to Carolina running us off the floor tonight by 20+ in large part due to the conditioning issues and not having any legs left.

Loved the effort on the offensive and defensive glass but allowing ND to shoot over 50% for the game and close to 50% from 3 was a dagger.

I’ll bet that’s the last Tuesday ACC game Steve Forbes loses at Wake.

liveanddiedeac sure has been posting a lot for someone who claimed to be done with Wake sports until this fall.

Always sucks to lose a game in that fashion but prefer it to Carolina running us off the floor tonight by 20+ in large part due to the conditioning issues and not having any legs left.

Loved the effort on the offensive and defensive glass but allowing ND to shoot over 50% for the game and close to 50% from 3 was a dagger.

Ain't that the damn truth. I was decided to flip the game on last night about 8pm to see how bad we were losing and much to my surprise we were up at half. Even mucher to my surprise we started off the 2nd half really well and much to my demise I got suckered into watching the rest of it. I'm like an addict who can't quit.

I swear we'd question Seth Curry's background (not quite the same level) if he came to Wake.

Dubose, a native of Durham, North Carolina, entered his name into the Transfer Portal last Thursday. Since then, his recruitment has exploded, seeing Arkansas, Clemson, DePaul, Georgetown, Liberty, NC State, Northwestern, Ole Miss, Stanford, USC and Wake Forest all reach out in recent days.

He left to go to a Power5 and wound up with 50 schools contacting him (I haven't seen the complete list).

Anyone questioning Mucius has just been blinded by the connection to DM.

While I thought Forbes should have gotten Ody in the game, at the very least we could have gotten a basket down low (or be blocked). For the record we had one TO in the last 7 minutes (cross court pass by Massoud) so there was not much there to complain about.

I swear we'd question Seth Curry's background (not quite the same level) if he came to Wake.

Dubose, a native of Durham, North Carolina, entered his name into the Transfer Portal last Thursday. Since then, his recruitment has exploded, seeing Arkansas, Clemson, DePaul, Georgetown, Liberty, NC State, Northwestern, Ole Miss, Stanford, USC and Wake Forest all reach out in recent days.

He left to go to a Power5 and wound up with 50 schools contacting him (I haven't seen the complete list).

While I thought Forbes should have gotten Ody in the game, at the very least we could have gotten a basket down low (or be blocked). For the record we had one TO in the last 7 minutes (cross court pass by Massoud) so there was not much there to complain about.
I am glad we had him and I wish he would have been full strength but an ACC level team that is competitive in the conference isnt going to have DuBose as its primary go to player

I am glad we had him and I wish he would have been full strength but an ACC level team that is competitive in the conference isnt going to have DuBose as its primary go to player

I think the point would be that, if we got someone out of HS that was recruited by 50 schools, mostly P5, we wouldn't downplay his capabilities, as opposed to being at Houston-Baptist.

Besides the Covid impact, he probably could be more effective with at team with some big to take the pressure off the guards.

There's a big difference in Power 5 schools looking at a lower level transfer to come in a fill a role or depth and having to depend on that transfer to be one if not the main contributor. Mucius is too inconsistent to ever think he can be counted on, maybe that changes, but as of yet that's the truth.

There's a big difference in Power 5 schools looking at a lower level transfer to come in a fill a role or depth and having to depend on that transfer to be one if not the main contributor. Mucius is too inconsistent to ever think he can be counted on, maybe that changes, but as of yet that's the truth.

More likely it's his youth....

And Covid.

Bet Forbes wishes he was back at ETSU----25 wins a year to 6 wins- we are back to BOB STAAK era----some of these dudes need to leave or go to transfer so Forbes has schollys to get real ACC players

Understand you've got to crawl/walk before you can run, but I hope that's the last Tuesday ACC game he coaches.

Hope so too, but keep in mind that over the last two years, HOFers Roy and K both coached on Tuesday. I'm OK with an occasional Tuesday appearance, but it needs to stop essentially being the WF "one and done" Invitational.

Back