• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the other kombucha drinkers ITT, this Humm stuff is pretty great. Drinking a Pomegranate Lemonade right now. 15% juice, no added sugar, only 8g for the whole bottle, 2 billion probiotics. And they were 2 for $4 at the Fresh Market.

I worked at the Bennigan’s in Winston for a summer. Every guy in the kitchen learned to cook in jail. It was a weird mix of people and a very strong rift between those working for beer money and those working to support their kid(s).

Which year?

Which year?
And the chat thread comes full circle. Next tell us about the French dip at Darryl's!

Just kidding, I loved Darryl's, especially the one with the bus. I was also a childhood regular at TJ's Deli. Look how townie I am

i can fold a fitted sheet. i'd say there's about 1% of people who can do this so almost everyone sucks at it.

although the fact that milhate can do it causes me to question my premise

Jesus Christ, I’m so pissed right now. We are supposed to be doing a long weekend Airbnb with a couple that we are really close friends with. It’s her birthday this week so we are doing a nice dinner on Friday (we are all fully vaccinated) and then the women are getting massages on Saturday at the property where we are staying. My wife even paid for the massages as a birthday gift for her friend. Well this woman just fucking text my wife and said she can’t go now because she has to work all weekend which is such absolute bullshit. She’s a consultant in the higher ed space so it’s not like she’s a nurse or something which can’t be worked around. So now we go by ourselves or are out $500. Like, we absolutely wouldn’t have planned this trip at all except as a birthday celebration for this person. Especially when we have trips to Charleston, Austin and New York all within the next 8 weeks.

And the chat thread comes full circle. Next tell us about the French dip at Darryl's!

Just kidding, I loved Darryl's, especially the one with the bus. I was also a childhood regular at TJ's Deli. Look how townie I am

Damn, now I want a Super Cham so bad. The first time I went there I was selling ads for this student run website. Mitch the owner was so excited to try to get more involved with Wake students, he bought an ad right away, and basically forced me to eat a Super Cham, even though I had eaten a massive lunch somewhere right before. Did not regret it. Definitely one of the best sandwiches, maybe the best, in town.

Jesus Christ, I’m so pissed right now. We are supposed to be doing a long weekend Airbnb with a couple that we are really close friends with. It’s her birthday this week so we are doing a nice dinner on Friday (we are all fully vaccinated) and then the women are getting massages on Saturday at the property where we are staying. My wife even paid for the massages as a birthday gift for her friend. Well this woman just fucking text my wife and said she can’t go now because she has to work all weekend which is such absolute bullshit. She’s a consultant in the higher ed space so it’s not like she’s a nurse or something which can’t be worked around. So now we go by ourselves or are out $500. Like, we absolutely wouldn’t have planned this trip at all except as a birthday celebration for this person. Especially when we have trips to Charleston, Austin and New York all within the next 8 weeks.

so much to unpack here. glad you could afford 4 pandemic party trips over 8 weeks.

so much to unpack here. glad you could afford 4 pandemic party trips over 8 weeks.

Ah yes, now we've entered the part of the pandemic where the woke are still going to shame the fully vaccinated for traveling and spending money to stimulate the economy/have fun after sitting at home doing nothing for 13+ months. Bravo.

Did they not offer to pay their share of the place anyway? If not, wtf

Agree. I think, by and large, people these days are so much flakier and less likely to keep commitments. Pretty big flaw in younger generations, IMHO. Like "oh my baby is fussy, I don't think we're going to make x activity" is such a common and silly excuse. If you had childcare lined up, the sitter will be able to deal with a fussy child. Babies are fussy. If you didn't, and were planning on bringing the child, we will understand. Babies are fussy.

On the flip-side, people are also much more likely to be spontaneous and put together a last minute fun as hell weekend getaway, which is nice.

Ah yes, now we've entered the part of the pandemic where the woke are still going to shame the fully vaccinated for traveling and spending money to stimulate the economy/have fun after sitting at home doing nothing for 13+ months. Bravo.

using "woke" is dumb and lazy. you used the word "shame." i didn't snowflake.

550k+ people are dead. forever. because assholes did not take this seriously those 13 months ago. willing to bet you are one of thoem. its about doing what's best for other people and not being selfish. less travel, even after vaccination, is better for your fellow citizens. i am absolutely calling out the selfish behavior. pretty sure he doesn't care what i think but i did call out the selfish and entitled humblebrag.

How does less travel after being vaccinated impact this?

My wife and I are both fully vaccinated and traveling next month fir our anniversary because we’ve been stuck at home for more than a year.

550k+ people are dead. forever. because assholes did not take this seriously those 13 months ago. willing to bet you are one of thoem. its about doing what's best for other people and not being selfish. less travel, even after vaccination, is better for your fellow citizens. i am absolutely calling out the selfish behavior. pretty sure he doesn't care what i think but i did call out the selfish and entitled humblebrag.

oh, get fucked

Two of the trips are long weekends to go to 1 year anniversary/wedding reception get togethers for very close friends, one of which was a groomsman in our wedding. So we really felt obligated to attend provided that we were able to get fully vaccinated in advance.

How does less travel after being vaccinated impact this?

My wife and I are both fully vaccinated and traveling next month fir our anniversary because we’ve been stuck at home for more than a year.

oh, get fucked

still part of the mixed message teh CDC is sending, which is that it's now safe to travel once vaccinated, but please limit your travel to required visits

Oh you big woke.

Neither my wife nor I got COVID. We were both tested negative ~10 times, including after each time we had to travel for our jobs. We were as relatively careful as we could be without being complete hermits.

Please cite your sources on how travelling after being fully vaccinated poses a risk for your fellow citizens. Interested to see. Everything I've read clearly indicates the social & economic benefits of fully vaccinated people going back out into the world and stimulating the economy (local and away from home) far outweigh the minute risk of contracting and spreading COVID. We're also quickly approaching the point where every single American will have had ample time to receive the vaccine.

sound like people you wouldn't want to spend a weekend with anyways

It’s really strange because we are all 4 very, very close but over the last maybe 2 years she has really turned into this super self-involved person when it comes to her career. Always on and on with talking about how she’s sooo important and sooo overworked and has to work all weekend. I have one other friend who is like this now too and it has really impacted our friendship negatively. The vast majority of my friends are highly intelligent and successful (both highly paid and not) and nobody really cares anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back