• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you’re vaccinated live you’re fucking life, outside of that it’s just messaging so that people that aren’t will comply with public health measures. It’s just stick stick instead of carrot and stick, should have made vaccine passports, freedom of movement, and indoor dining for fully vaccinated people, and exclude anyone that isn’t. Get vaccinated 2 weeks later live as you please!

still part of the mixed message teh CDC is sending, which is that it's now safe to travel once vaccinated, but please limit your travel to required visits

The CDC can go fuck itself too. 8 weeks after everyone who wants a shot can get a shot, masks off and everything's back to normal and you deal with the consequences.

Did they not offer to pay their share of the place anyway? If not, wtf

It’s actually 2 separate tiny houses on this large property so we each booked one. They are going to pay for theirs or try and get someone else to go last minute I guess. My wife prepaid for the massages so that’s a sunk cost and obviously within 48 hours we can’t get a refund on the Airbnb (other than the $50 cleaning fee).

you learned a shiny new word from fox news and just can't stop using it as a catch all insult when your feewings are hurt because i attacked your selfishness and FREEDOMS. bravo!

cdc says even vaccinated there is still transmission potential. therefore less travel = less risk. and as townie says per cdc limit travel to what's required. that's it. common sense and care about getting this shit under control. some countries did from the beginning.

wrs, fair enough about special circumstances being in place. and as i said, you don't care about my snarky opinion.

It’s actually 2 separate tiny houses on this large property so we each booked one. They are going to pay for theirs or try and get someone else to go last minute I guess. My wife prepaid for the massages so that’s a sunk cost and obviously within 48 hours we can’t get a refund on the Airbnb (other than the $50 cleaning fee).

Get it out here so you can enjoy a weekend away with your wife. You've already got a massages lined up (assuming you're going to take the friend's spot); get a nice bottle of wine or bubbles and enjoy the trip with your spouse.

using "woke" is dumb and lazy. you used the word "shame." i didn't snowflake.

550k+ people are dead. forever. because assholes did not take this seriously those 13 months ago. willing to bet you are one of thoem. its about doing what's best for other people and not being selfish. less travel, even after vaccination, is better for your fellow citizens. i am absolutely calling out the selfish behavior. pretty sure he doesn't care what i think but i did call out the selfish and entitled humblebrag.

I mean, interpret it however you want. I’m just legitimately frustrated/annoyed as hell about the timing of this, especially considering that it was organized around her birthday. I basically haven’t been outside of Durham County since September when we spent a week at OBX. I got vaccinated as soon as possible, wear a mask everywhere I go, etc. But I’m absolutely losing my mind at this point and have to get back out in the world eventually. If not now, when?

Get it out here so you can enjoy a weekend away with your wife. You've already got a massages lined up (assuming you're going to take the friend's spot); get a nice bottle of wine or bubbles and enjoy the trip with your spouse.

Although I imagine the entire point is to see other people, as we've been cooped up with our spouse now for 14 months

yea my point wasn't that the cdc is right, it's that i prefer blaming institutions to individual actors trying to decide what's best for them

I think this is what we are leaning toward now that the annoyance has dissipated some. It’s only a 2 hour drive so it’s not like a huge undertaking for a weekend.

I mean, interpret it however you want. I’m just legitimately frustrated/annoyed as hell about the timing of this, especially considering that it was organized around her birthday. I basically haven’t been outside of Durham County since September when we spent a week at OBX. I got vaccinated as soon as possible, wear a mask everywhere I go, etc. But I’m absolutely losing my mind at this point and have to get back out in the world eventually. If not now, when?

agree about the bday trip. that's bs she did it and i would probably not have responded. blowing out the doors with 4 trips in a few weeks triggered me (see tigerswood i can use a fox word tooooooo!). agree getting out is great. i can't get a vaccine yet. I'm still locked down. i get things will open up. my complaint is its still soon for "everyone that wants one" to be vaccinated. on the list. just waiting my turn.

Good chatting, thanks for the vent session gents.

agree about the bday trip. that's bs she did it and i would probably not have responded. blowing out the doors with 4 trips in a few weeks triggered me (see tigerswood i can use a fox word tooooooo!). agree getting out is great. i can't get a vaccine yet. I'm still locked down. i get things will open up. my complaint is its still soon for "everyone that wants one" to be vaccinated. on the list. just waiting my turn.

I get it man, we are all easily triggered at this point. The only reason I mentioned the other trips is that we are already feeling overcommitted and likely wouldn’t have planned this particular outing except that we wanted to do something for her. We don’t have kids but obviously need to take time off work and also board our dogs so even going away for a short time can require a decent amount of effort.

Of course Biff is completely MIA when we actually need him to opine on the trials and tribulations of upper middle class white society.

I'd opine that if you find having the ability to drive up and down the east coast for vacations an extravagance to the point you'd call someone out over it, you're probably working for a broad who isn't paying you enough.

are you in Europe or something, what do you mean you're still locked down?

my best boss was a broad, she gave me like a $25k raise and promotion too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back