• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
phan09 is trying to illiterate TK from the boards

y'all don't seem like you're jiving right now

what u call fightin' I call Hegelian dialectic baybee

Welp, I'm gonna be interested to see how this new Caitlyn Jenner hottake is received.

I am correct that "flip" is a nonstandard and possibly invented word that annoys me unnecessarily.

Kory is correct that rhetoric is a thing.

Gentle reminder that most of our spoken language is nonstandard, either in the way we form sentences (like this one, incomplete) and in our word choice and usage (more precise words are often available to us).

behind every "culture war" is a "culture general" who has lost too many good men

what is the hottake

"This is a question of fairness. That's why I oppose biological boys who are trans competing in girls' sports in school," said Jenner, a Republican who is one of the most high-profile transgender Americans in public life. "It just isn't fair. And we have to protect girls' sports in our schools." She did not answer a follow-up question from the reporter about whether that view delegitimizes the identity of children who transition and now identify as girls."

I've tried to grill salad several times. Never works out.

Thanks. It balances out the pretty terrible relationship I have with my older daughter, so on average I am doing ok.

I'm terrified of my daughters becoming teenagers.

"This is a question of fairness. That's why I oppose biological boys who are trans competing in girls' sports in school," said Jenner, a Republican who is one of the most high-profile transgender Americans in public life. "It just isn't fair. And we have to protect girls' sports in our schools." She did not answer a follow-up question from the reporter about whether that view delegitimizes the identity of children who transition and now identify as girls."

getting kind of tired of reality show personalities running for office, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back