• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
burke street not bad for buffalo wings either, but i'm usually drunk while eating them (and also eating them alongside pizza + knots, soooo maybe its the whole vibe)

They aren't bad, but yeah, alongside the zaaa and knots, it skews the taste a bit.

The Michaels family is responsible for tanking Waldo's. They had Mama Zoes already and then went and opened Cin Cin. I hope the OG Waldo's owners were well compensated when the Michaels family made the move to buy it. These dick heads had the audacity to replace the Jukebox with a fucking claw machine. And it's the most millennial claw machine ever, in that you pretty much win every time you put in a quarter. My wife sat there one night and won 8 stuffed animals and was handing them out as kids walked out the door.

I'm getting all riled up just talking about it. They still do a killing, just based on the name and location alone. Wake kids and local Pfafftownians keep Waldo's pumped full of business.

In your FACE mako!!

https://www.wral.com/bill-would-make-zipper-merge-the-law-in-nc/19672570/

House lawmakers are likely to vote Wednesday on a bill that would make the "zipper merge" the rule of the road in North Carolina.

House Bill 740 is sponsored by Rep Brian Turner, D-Buncombe, who commutes to Raleigh every week from Asheville. It passed the House Transportation committee Tuesday morning.

The measure would amend the state's traffic laws to explicitly address correct merging technique: "Where two lanes of traffic merge into one, drivers shall utilize both lanes until reaching the merging area, and,beginning with the driver in the right lane, alternate yielding the right-of-way until there is no longer a queue at the merging area."

The bipartisan bill would also add the zipper merge to driver education materials.

I doubt I’ll be near an East Coast Wings again but the service I received multiple times was so bad that I will refuse to go there for the rest of my life.

I’m also not the biggest fan of wings in general.

But I did have some wings from Hometeam BBQ in Charleston and they were phenomenal.

Lany’s was a place for absolute shenanigans in high school

RIP the Buffalo head

Have you guys had the Founders edition of the party waters? Good

RIP the Buffalo head

Somebody (maybe the owner) introduced us every time to her 16 year old daughter, which I always found odd since we were downing pitchers of beer the whole time.

I've been all over the Carolina Gold smoked wings at Little Richard's lately.

Also filled up this evening. Passed a few closed stations and ones with ridiculous lines before finding one that only had 3 deep lines. Witnessed a dude load his entire sedan trunk with gas filled gallon water jugs. We are about to hit pandemonium.

Last edited:
I’m with Juice, cotton quilts year round, if cold use multiple, wash regularly. Regular comforters are like sleeping in an oven.

This is categorically a bad person. Like, this is better than the shopping cart litmus test (although hopefully less widespread).

This person is ignorant, in that they have no idea how dangerous this is (or they have a wonton and reckless disregard for the safety of others). They are selfish, in that they are taking more than they need when they don't need it. And they are just fucking stupid as balls if they think that isn't going to leak out all over the place. Like, FUCKING SHIT.

I see what you did there... Sometimes danger is just too delicious to ignore.

just because she may be asian doesn't mean you need to be raciost

Sorry dd. Mine was better.

RIP the Buffalo head

I definitely had my fair share of beers there.

Somebody (maybe the owner) introduced us every time to her 16 year old daughter, which I always found odd since we were downing pitchers of beer the whole time.

Yeah I’m pretty sure it would’ve been the owners daughter that you’re thinking of.

My family went to East Coast Wings regularly from the day it opened in the early 90s.

There are several other restaurants we visited on opening weekend only to never return

good morning mako. on cup of coffee #2 already.

I went to a baseball game last night and didn't get home until 10:30 so I have to go to the gym this afternoon and I feel off.

Did you crush the crossword at least?

not yet - my 14 year old is now into it so we do it together on weeks when they're over here.

this fish washed up on a beach in California:
210511162501-01-football-fish-exlarge-169.jpg

not yet - my 14 year old is now into it so we do it together on weeks when they're over here.

this fish washed up on a beach in California:
210511162501-01-football-fish-exlarge-169.jpg

That's an anglerfish, right? Lives in the deepest trenches of the ocean? Holy shit that's badass.

yep - i thought it was just made up for Finding Nemo.

also this weather can eff right off

That's an anglerfish, right? Lives in the deepest trenches of the ocean? Holy shit that's badass.

It's called a football fish, but yes I think it is a type of anglerfish. Very deep sea animal and uses bioluminescence in that weird modified dorsal fin to lure prey in for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back