Page 1 of 34 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 680

Thread: Tokyo Olympics

  1. #1

    Tokyo Olympics

    Sha'Cari getting suspended (and missing the Olympics) for weed is just so fucking stupid

  2. #2
    I agree that she must be some special kind of stupid to smoke week when she knew she could miss the Olympics if she did so.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    Sha'Cari getting suspended (and missing the Olympics) for weed is just so fucking stupid
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    I agree that she must be some special kind of stupid to smoke week when she knew she could miss the Olympics if she did so.
    +1

  4. #4
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    123,690
    She smoked legal weed in Oregon after a reporter told her her biological mom died.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    She smoked legal weed in Oregon after a reporter told her her biological mom died.
    I know. Is there some exception in the testing rules for that ?

  6. #6
    why is the US Anti-Doping Agency testing for THC anyways?

    either way, thank you to them for keeping everyone involved safe

  7. #7
    Weed being a banned substance for athletic events is just so damn lame.
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

  8. #8
    I don't know. It seems stupid. But if you want to be in the Olympics, you have to play by their rules. If you don't like the rules, work to change them (that will take decades, btw). Until then follow the rules.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by deacvision7 View Post
    Weed being a banned substance for athletic events is just so damn lame.
    This. Yeah, she was stupid, but all sporting leagues and associations need to stop testing for it.

  10. #10
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    46,909
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    I don't know. It seems stupid. But if you want to be in the Olympics, you have to play by their rules. If you don't like the rules, work to change them (that will take decades, btw). Until then follow the rules.
    yeah, it seems like both things are true here.

    - testing for THC is dumb but also smoking weed before an international competition with its own rules is also dumb

  11. #11
    being on the side of the rules because they are rules, regardless of their merit, is super lame

  12. #12
    Jenna Prandini now gets a spot in the 100 meters. Big fan:


  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    being on the side of the rules because they are rules, regardless of their merit, is super lame
    So is missing the Olympics because you have no self control when it comes to getting high.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    being on the side of the rules because they are rules, regardless of their merit, is super lame
    The fact the rule is stupid and/or lame is not a defense. She knew the rule and disregarded it, despite knowing that the Olympics are 4 weeks away and she would be tested. Wait a month and Richardson could spend the rest of the year getting baked in Oregon. I give her credit for admitting that she f'd up. Seems like almost everyone that tests positive tries to trot out a lame excuse (tainted burrito, second hand smoke, mis-labeled over the counter supplement).

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    I don't know. It seems stupid. But if you want to be in the Olympics, you have to play by their rules. If you don't like the rules, work to change them (that will take decades, btw). Until then follow the rules.
    Yup, pretty simple.

  16. #16
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    46,909
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    being on the side of the rules because they are rules, regardless of their merit, is super lame
    who's on the side of the rules?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    who's on the side of the rules?
    heavypetter

  18. #18
    "don't boo, vote!"
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    heavypetter
    Pffft. Why do you think I decided not to become an Olympic athlete ? Shitty rules.

  20. #20
    false: there's no such thing as a shitty rule because rules are objectively neutral things
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •