• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 NBA Thread - Preseason (and WNBA Finals talk)

Saw a post on reddit citing a website that did not look trustworthy say the Sixers turned down Van Vleet, Anunoby and a 1st for Simmons

I'm still in a bit of a daze from this whole being relatively confident cp3 was getting a ring to like not having a ring and now jrue holiday has a ring

I never thought about it that way, but you're right.

He's only 23 and his per-36 numbers last year were 20.1 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 3.6 apg/2.3 TOpg on 40.1% 3FG and 81.9% FT.

Charlotte weirdly has enough depth that somehow this guy gets lost in the rotation, but damn I kinda wanna see what this guy looks like with more minutes.

If they do sign Holmes as a FA or get another C without shipping Rozier, the Hornets will have a tough choice between Monk and Graham. Borrego loves Graham, like adores him, because of his consistency and character. But he is who he is, which is all-around solid but with limited upside. Kupchak clearly loves Monk's talent, ability, and upside. But dude can't stay on the court. It will be interesting to see who they choose.

Cavs had this issue with Kevin Porter Jr. Super talented, but kept fucking up. Dumped him for nothing. Happy for him, but tough to see him crushing for Houston.

Official 2021 NBA Offseason Thread - Draft, Trades, Free Agency, Summer League, etc

Will be funny if a year after not trading Ben Simmons for James frickin Harden, no one ends up wanting him. Which GM hitches his ride to a guy who doesn’t want to dunk the ball?

Will be funny if a year after not trading Ben Simmons for James frickin Harden, no one ends up wanting him. Which GM hitches his ride to a guy who doesn’t want to dunk the ball?

MY the ZARDS if they execute my resuscitation plan.

Sixers offered Simmons+. Rockers preferred the Nets picks

Wait, will there even be an NBA season next year now that Maria Taylor and ESPN failed to come to terms? Even if they do play, not sure if the Association is even worth watching without Maria's insightful analysis.

Wait, will there even be an NBA season next year now that Maria Taylor and ESPN failed to come to terms? Even if they do play, not sure if the Association is even worth watching without Maria's insightful analysis.

That $5 mil/yr #analysis

Official 2021 NBA Offseason Thread - Draft, Trades, Free Agency, Summer League, etc

That $5 mil/yr #analysis

I’d rather pay Maria Taylor $5 million than pay Harry Giles 5 years, $25M.

Last edited:
Tonight's draft should be interesting. Unlike last year which was 3 guys at the top and then a whole lot of unknown crap, this year has 4 guys at the top with superstar potential, followed by a bunch of dudes between 5 and 25 that all are in the range of solid starter to potential All-Star if several things go right. It is made more interesting by Golden State, OKC, and the Knicks all having multiple picks in that range so they may try to package and move up or trade one for something else.

Reportedly OKC is trying to trade 16 and 18 to move up, potentially to the Hornets at 11. If I'm the Hornets I make that deal. I'm not sure there is a clear cut pick at 11, and the guy they want there may likely still be available at 16 and can then add another from the solid player group at 18. Unless they are really enamored with someone at 11 they are confident will be gone, I think they take that risk of dropping back.

Does the NBA still have the stupid rule of not announcing trades until after the draft is over and the new year starts? So the kid is putting on the wrong hat and we have to listen to Woj or some other stooge telling us why he isn't going there? For all of the production dollars that currently go into hyping and televising the draft, you would think they could figure out a way to correct that.

Another rumor is that the Hawks are shopping Cam Reddish + #20 to move into the late lottery. I'd do that in a second for #11.

Another rumor is that the Hawks are shopping Cam Reddish + #20 to move into the late lottery. I'd do that in a second for #11.

Hoop rumors is reporting that Hawks have talked to both the Pacers (#13) and the Hornets (#11) about acquiring their late lottery pick. Not clear who the Hawks are targeting in the draft.

I don’t know if the Hawks are going to get a player with a higher ceiling than Reddish at #11 or #13 but they extend the window to pay them.

Seems like everyone covets shooters these days. Maybe they want Kispert. Not sure he will still be around after 10.

I don’t know if the Hawks are going to get a player with a higher ceiling than Reddish at #11 or #13 but they extend the window to pay them.

Yeah, they're in a spot where if Reddish is great they can't pay him in a year or so, so need to keep getting that cheap talent.

Seems like everyone covets shooters these days. Maybe they want Kispert. Not sure he will still be around after 10.

I haven’t seen Kispert slotted in the top 10 at all. He’d be a good fit for the Hawks though.

Back