• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 NBA Thread - Preseason (and WNBA Finals talk)

I'm really not sure that the Hawks draft/Delon Wright trade could have gone much better. Took two guys with high risk/high upside and then traded for a legit backup PG which has been an area of need. Only hole really left on the team is 3rd string C (backup while Okongwu is out to start the year).

The future now seems pretty clear honestly. Sign JC, give Trae a max extension. If Jalen Johnson does well next year in a limited role, we can get out of the last year of Gallo's contract for only $5 million, or we could just trade him if he stays healthy next year. Doing that should leave us enough cap space to retain Hunter, Reddish, Huerter; or at least two out of the three long term.

As a genuine question, is there a deeper team in the league?

PG: Trae/Wright/Sharife Cooper
SG: Bogdanovic/ Huerter
SF: Hunter/ Reddish
PF: Collins/Gallo/Jalen Johnson
C: Capela/Okongwu

That's twelve guys, and the only one you could even argue may not see much playing time is Cooper.

There isn’t. Even last year, I think there were more Hawks on our fantasy teams than any other team.

The Hawks can just go back to JC at 5 when Capela is out with Gallo, Johnson, or Hunter at the 4. Not bad at all. I assume they’re going to sign a 3rd C for the vet minimum.

Rumors out that JC is going to sign with the Hawks for 4 years, $120M. Just short of the max but much more than the $90M offer.

Pellies clearing cap space to make a godfather offer to CP3 makes some sense now that they Hired Willie Green

Hawks need one more big and look out. Not sold on Okungwu.

I guess you didn’t watch much when he was defending Giannis. He becomes a better rebounder and I’ll be totally fine letting Capela walk when his contract is up

Rumors out that JC is going to sign with the Hawks for 4 years, $120M. Just short of the max but much more than the $90M offer.

I’ve read that it’s 5 years $120 million, not 4. 4/120 would be a bit more than I was expecting but not crazy I guess. 5/120 is a slam dunk for the Hawks

Official 2021 NBA Draft - Cunningham, Green, Mobley Top 3

Hawks need one more big and look out. Not sold on Okungwu.

LOL. He’s a stud. It’s just a matter of time, experience, and managing being undersized. He’s a 5 who can guard perimeter players off switches or defend a ballhandling 4s like Giannis or Randle straight up.

I’ve read that it’s 5 years $120 million, not 4. 4/120 would be a bit more than I was expecting but not crazy I guess. 5/120 is a slam dunk for the Hawks

Max is 4/125 or 128 I think. 4/120 is about where I thought he’d end up. 5/120 is a slight bump over 4/90. I think he’d rather do a 4 year deal and get another deal at 27 years old.

Feeling a little bit better about the Spurs taking Josh Primo after reading more about him. It’s crazy this kid is younger than Carter Whitt and he’ll be in the NBA.

Last edited:
Pellies clearing cap space to make a godfather offer to CP3 makes some sense now that they Hired Willie Green

MY P’cans would be pretty pretty good! didn’t realize jonas was such a solid outside shooter.

zion, ingram and jonas are probably as good as booker, ayton, bridges.

Bobby Portis declined his $3.8M player option and the most the Bucks can offer him is $5.9M.

So Lakers gonna roll with Melo, DeRozan and Rudy Gay?

Way too much free time now that there’s no more playoffs holy cow

Okungwu.

He’s young and injured. We shall see. No offense. No shooting. Needs to improve rebounding and shot blocking. Undersized. That seems like a lot you would want to see from Capela’s replacement. Maybe by 2023 he will be a good rebounder or develop a shot? Or both. I like the team, so happy to have him prove me wrong.

So Lakers gonna roll with Melo, DeRozan and Rudy Gay?

gay would be a really good add for them (or just about any team) i suspect he’d be able to land a full MLE though, we will see if he’s willing to take the big paycut at the end of the day.

Official 2021 NBA Draft - Cunningham, Green, Mobley Top 3

Curious to see DeRozan’s market value. He’s a good player but not for 2021. The Lakers would need to do a sign and trade to get him and they have nothing the Spurs would want that salary matches. At least the Clippers have some role players to trade. I hope DeRozan gets back home or to Toronto or back with Lowry. He’s a good dude even though he’s not clutch and plays an outdated game.

Gay would be a great bench fit on any contender. The Bucks should try to take a shot at him. They could use another bench shooter with length.

E7lA2NJWUAQA3zc

Portland is giving up on Zach Collins. Charlotte chose Graham over Monk.

Kawhi and CP are opting out likely to negotiate new deals.

Back