• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Pit FFL - ALL HAIL REDWING AND HIS JIVE TURKEYS

Darnell Mooney and the Bears Defense answered Pickle's prayers last night in the fourth quarter.

Patrick Mahomes and his minions are continuing their mid-season struggle. Maybe Mahomes will get rolling against the Raiders this week. Nothing bad can happen in Vegas, right?

Not sure if it was intentional or a default but the league wont let you roster more than 6 rbs. Not sure why we would set caps on how many of what type of player you can keep. I'm gonna guess there is probably a similar cap for WRs but I dont have enough of those to test that.

WEEK 9 REVIEW

giphy.gif

An insane week in the Pit League has caused a bit of an upheaval in the standings and in the playoff chances for many teams, with 5 teams now having 85+% playoff chances and a number of teams losing ground on the playoffs despite winning their game. The Kitchin Divsion saw Peach rise to the top and all but secure her spot in the playoffs, while contenders SD3 and TripleDeac suddenly feel a little heat behind them. Let's take a look at how it all went down in Week 9.

WEEK 9 STATS
PihXroM.png
t0N7Aoq.png

WEEK 9 MATCHUPS
Goon Squad 68.72–65.5 Carolina WacDarnolds
Pick yourself enough times, one of them will pay off. I finally got back to winning ways in the Pit League, although it likely is going to be too little, too late. Matt Ryan finally had the type of performance that would have made me look like a genius for waiting on a QB so long in the draft and Dalvin Cook and Tee Higgins did just enough to get me over the line against a Ph team who was desperate for a win to stay alive in the playoff hunt. Unfortunately for Ph, big days from Hollywood Brown and DeVonta Smith weren't quite enough scoring punch to get to a victory, taking Ph to 4-5 on the season and likely out of serious contention for a playoff spot. Condolences Ph, but a great bounceback season from you nonetheless.

Lone Wolf 66.38–87.8 Barça
In probably the toughest matchup of the week in the Kitchin Divison, Lone Wolf took on league leader Barça and as one would imagine, the season-long difficulties continued for Lone Wolf. Week 9 was a devastating bye week for Wolf on top of continued injuries to Russell Wilson and Derrick Henry, leaving a skeleton squad of has-beens and never-wases to trot out and try to take down Barça. Unfortunately, even though Barça decided to go the zero-QB route this week with Goff on bye and Kyler a late scratch, he had more than enough firepower with the return of CMC and a massive performance from James Conner to take the victory. It really has been a season to forget for Wolf, but despite the continued disappointment, there still is a semi-feasible path forward. It would require pretty much winning out, but the teams on the schedule fortuitously (or not) are playoff contenders as well and thus any gain for Wolf is a loss for a direct rival. It'll be hard going and Wolf is teetering on elimination as it stands, but hope is not totally lost for salvaging what remains of this season.

SD3 56.78–67.1 W-S DeacHawk
This battle between wildcard rivals won't be replayed on ESPN Classic, but it does have significant playoff implications heading into the final stretch of games. SD3's team pretty much across the board had weeks to forget, resulting in a bottom overall Week 9 scoring performance and a loss to DeacHawk. It's a tough loss to swallow for SD3 as he really only had one bye week casualty and got a creditable performance from Trevor Siemian, but significant underperformance from Austin Ekeler and DJ Moore doomed him in an otherwise very winnable week. SD3 is left with the 7th best playoff odds, placing him in the 8th seed spot (shoutout Davis Division) and in a precarious position moving forward. DeacHawk is on the rise with three straight wins and would be in the playoffs if the season ended today, though his tough division continues to pose some problems. Both teams will hope to maintain their current positions, but neither can feel comfortable.

Pitt County Pinfish 63.98–94.88 Jive Turkeys
A top scoring Week 9 performance meant that no one was beating redwing this week, but TripleDeac and his Pinfish will still feel they should have put up a better fight. Only Ivermectin truther Kirk Cousins and his #1 WR Justin Jefferson put up a winning performance for the Pinfish; everyone else really didn't give their all and it showed. Triple came out of the blocks hot and was leading the league after Week 4, but since that high of highs, he has lost 3 of 5 and his last three weekly performances have ranged from abysmal to extremely disappointing. The cushion he had after his hot start has diminished to almost nothing, and he maintains his current playoff position by the grace of those early season matchup tiebreakers alone. But the cracks that started to form a few weeks ago are looking like full blown crevasses now and Triple will have to arrest his decline posthaste if he wants to maintain his playoff spot.

FAMILY CORNER
Deacon Peach 93.18–67.98 Lazy-Eyed Psychos
I didn't have enough faith in myself to put it into my guesses, but I will give myself some credit for calling Peach's performance in the Week 9 preview. Peach took advantage of Dak's return and Jonathan Taylor's matchup against the Jets to put up her fourth straight win and take sole possession of first place in the Kitchin Division. Peach continues to be possibly the most consistent team in the league with only really one week that could be considered subpar the whole year. This consistency has served her well and has allowed her to slowly climb the division standings and even move her into the top 4 season scorers. I don't want to make any bold predictions yet as there is still plenty of season left, but Peach looks strong and with some family strength behind her, who knows where this season might end up going.

GOONER'S GALLANT GUESSES

Another week, another above .500 performance. Just keep swimming, there might be redemption for this season yet.

cDpBwWb.png

Congrats to all our Week 9 winners, see you later this afternoon for the Week 10 preview!

yeah my Zero QB strategy was just crazy enough to work. I had picked up PJ Walker but then ended up dropping him so I could activate CMC off IR and while Colt McCoy had been dropped, he was on waivers I couldn't get him. So I said fuck it and assumed I was just throwing this week. But hey!

WEEK 10 PREVIEW
Week 10: The Plot Thickens
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Week 10 approaches and things could not be any more tense at the top of the Pit League standings. Division leads are no more than a game in all divisions and no less than 12 teams can claim to be within that game and thus having a reasonable shot at a division title, an enormous number this late in the season. We will take a look at the current division leaders this week and see what they have to do to maintain that small advantage on their division rivals.

Deacon Peach (7-2; Proj: 91.6) vs. Pickle-6 Rick (4-5; Proj: 70.4)
One of only two teams in the Kitchin Division to win in Week 9, Peach's victory propelled her to the top of the Kitchin Division for the first time this season. Easily one of the most consistent teams on the season, Peach's lead in the division has come about after a 4 game winning streak and stands at a game apiece over TripleDeac and SD3. With both teams still on her schedule, the path for a division title is clear: beat Triple and SD3, win the Kitchin Division (barring total collapse in the other 3 games). Peach will hope to avoid a tricky trap game against Pickle this week, but nobody could blame her for looking forward a bit to Week 11's matchup against Triple.

Barça (7-2; Proj: 92.1) vs. Bern (3-6; Proj: 77.5)
Barça avoided disaster in one of the trickier remaining games on his schedule last week against Wolf and at this point can feel reasonably comfortable about his playoff aspirations. Now the focus turns to securing the division title and a top 4 seed, likely a top 2 seed. Barça has at different points held a game lead in the division, but currently finds himself deadlocked with redwing where any slip up could mean the end of his division title hopes. Barça does have the benefit of a head to head tiebreaker on his side which means taking care of business the rest of the way will lock up the division fairly quickly. With CMC returning, Kyler getting healthy, and just one remaining game against a team with a winning record, Barça has to feel good about his chances to secure the Poteat Division.

Satan's Minions (6-3; Proj: 88.7) vs. Lazy-Eyed Psychos (4-5; Proj: 89)
At one point Satan looked like he might run away with the league in 2021. 6-1 through 7 weeks and consistently top performances had the good vibes going for Satan, but the last couple of weeks have brought a bit of a reality check. Consecutive losses to teams with losing records is not a great way to shore up playoff chances and the performances in the losses suggest maybe some decline in Satan's overall potential. And things don't look to go easy on Satan in the home stretch. A tough matchup with a better-than-the-record-suggests Psychos team is a rough start, and further matchups against DeacHawk and redwing post potential threats during the end of season run that is paramount to a team's success. Satan still controls his own destiny and if he can return to the form of the early part of the season, he should have no trouble holding on to his division lead. But if recent results represent a trend and not a blip, the Fighting Cocks of Appalachia are looming and playoffs are not guaranteed, let alone the Taylor Division title.

FAMILY CORNER
Mrs. I/O Deac (5-4; Proj: 72.3) vs. Pitt County Pinfish (6-3; Proj: 74.6)
The grand rookie QB experiment continues and Mrs. I/O Deac is holding on for dear life with it in the Davis Division. After hitting the nadir of the season in Week 7 and falling below .500, Mrs. I/O has pieced together consecutive wins to ensure that she maintains the division lead and with it the likely only playoff spot coming from the Davis group. But her grip on the division lead is tenuous and only exists based on her Week 1 head to head victory over Young Buck, and the Pitt County Pinfish come to town this week seeking a bounceback game to keep their own playoff hopes afloat. Like all our current division leaders, Mrs. I/O controls her own destiny. Win and you're in. But with a tough finishing schedule including back to back Family Corner matchups with the Pink Helmet Bowl and the I/O Showdown in Weeks 13 and 14, Mrs. I/O will be working hard to keep her team motivated and pushing to get across the finish line ahead of Young Buck. Any mistakes could cost her dearly, so we watch with bated breath.

GOONER'S GALLANT GUESSES

I feel like this week is wide open and I don't feel confident about many picks, but we will see how we do I suppose

82vnD95.png

Good luck to all teams in Week 10!

gonna have to keep my eye on the i/o matchups at the end of the season to make sure mr. i/o doesn't throw them! collusion!

Looks like I'm also going to be trying the no QB plan this week with Wilson coming back.

Same here. I didn't make any moves because all the reporting was that Zach Wilson was going to come back and start this week. But Mike White ruined that.

Am I about to make the #GoonerMiracleRun?

No...no I am not.

C'mon down to QB'SRUS. Selling to the walls. Make that playoff push while you can.

One of the lamest parts of fantasy sports is watching SNF or MNF rooting for a TE not to get over 4.3 fantasy points but here I am.

And there it is. Congrats Goon. First week the Panthers and the WacDarnolds both lose.

And this week, I'm rooting for the SF D not to get over 3.6 points but it looks like the fantasy gods want to put me out of my misery early with that pick.

I basically went no QB again with Goff putting up less than 5. Come back, Kyler! Though he still has to have his bye.

Sweet. I locked up the worst score of the season this week. If I'm going to have a bad week, I might as well go all out.

Not sure if it was intentional or a default but the league wont let you roster more than 6 rbs. Not sure why we would set caps on how many of what type of player you can keep. I'm gonna guess there is probably a similar cap for WRs but I dont have enough of those to test that.

I'm gonna put this out there again since I dont remember there being any position maximums on yahoo. I do now see in the espn settings we are limited to 6rb, 6wr, 3 qb, and 3 te. I'd vote no maximums for next year. Why limit how someone sets up their roster/bench?

Because it's a 20 team league and we shouldn't allow people to hoard players at one position. Those are fair maximums.

Yeah, not really any reason to have more than 6 rb when you can only get three in play at a time. Especially given the limited pool of actually useful players available.

Well commish please note Ph is in favor of position maximums.

I just don't remember that being part of the discussions when it came to changes for this season if it was in fact one. Commish also please note that I am personally not in favor of them outside of the QB position in a 20 team league and wish I had noticed it before the season. If you choose to hoard it definitely hurts you elsewhere, but its a risk that could pay off. We have flex positions for a reason - giving you flexibility to play a WR, RB, or TE in the spot. QB not so much.

In a 20 team league starting seven players and a bench of five, I don’t think we have to worry about hoarding a certain position. 😁

Back