• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Wake beer

Meh.

1. Triad Breweries suck.
2. It's a small fanbase and the beer will only reach a small number of fans.

1. Isn't true. There are plenty of good Triad breweries. We're not Asheville or Charlotte, but the beer scene isn't bad.
2. ok

Shoulda gone to red oak to get an actual refreshing lager locally instead of whatever this will taste like.

Seems like they shoulda done something a little bit more on brand, like a golden ale or black IPA or a black and tan (gold)

This is the brewery that makes Storm Brew for Canes games, which I drink when I am in attendance. It is (a) not very good and (b) cheap. It's probably the same stuff in a different package, and I'll pay for it because I like the can.

Seems like they shoulda done something a little bit more on brand, like a golden ale or black IPA or a black and tan (gold)

Yeah - seems like a black and gold is a no brainer. Maybe a six pack with 3 stouts and 3 ales.

So it's basically Michelob Ultra packaged as a craft beer. Does it come with a free braided belt?

At least it's not a fucking IPA, although I'm not sure which is worse.

Who cares about this shit. Having your own beer is cool. It’s a good marketing tool.

Two beers. A stout and a golden ale. Name one Demon Drinkin' (or something better) and the other Deacon Brew.

This sucks. I was told a few months ago that Wake was planning a beer with R&D and I was hoping it would change to anyone but them. Noticed R&D displays popping up in Winston grocery stores a few weeks ago and knew it was only a matter of time before it got made official.

The important question for those sitting in the stands is will you be able to buy a 12-pack at the concession stand and take them back to your seat and drink them all, or will you only be allowed to buy two beers at a time ?

The important question for those sitting in the stands is will you be able to buy a 12-pack at the concession stand and take them back to your seat and drink them all, or will you only be allowed to buy two beers at a time ?

LOL.

Who cares about this shit. Having your own beer is cool. It’s a good marketing tool.

Only matters if you try to drink one. Shit looks to be the operative word here.

how many beers do you think you could drink during one Wake football game?

I'll say it's a night game -- 7:30pm kickoff -- so factor that in accordingly

I guess we'll assume it's a 4.5% ABV light beer or whatever this beer is

does anyone in W-S other than Foothills even have the capabilities to package beer like that?

Along with Foothills, both Wiseman and Fiddlin' Fish have their beers available in grocery stores and package stores.

Marketing for what?

Maybe we can pay our athletes with this swill. The 2 stars will line up.

Refreshing light beer is for pansies.

Who was part of the test group for this?

Cans look kind of nice though, fwiw.

how many beers do you think you could drink during one Wake football game?

I'll say it's a night game -- 7:30pm kickoff -- so factor that in accordingly

I guess we'll assume it's a 4.5% ABV light beer or whatever this beer is

I could crush a 12 pack of this stuff under those circumstances, and I’m willing to give it a try.

Storm Brew is some awful crap. Worse than Bud Light and Miller Light by a mile. Maybe worse than Coors Light, which is saying something. They had a pandemic sale of extra cases at PNC Arena late last spring, a case for like $12. Pretty sure they were giving it away at the end just to get rid of it.

I guess they just went for the style most sold in the US?

Personally, I love porters and stouts. But if going for a broadly approachable style in this context, I’d vote for a golden ale.

ETA: Never mind…I see it’ll be in stores statewide.

Last edited:
Back