• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT CCXLV - Where TK reimagines Tom Sizemore as a woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
speaking of bird feeders, I put in the one that BIRDMAN recommended and nary a bird in like two months

"recommended"

As I recall I said something like 'I've never used a window feeder, but here is one that my boss uses.'

Sometimes it takes birds a while to find a feeder...especially if there are no tree around. So here's a thought, occasionally use your phone to play a chickadee song and calls our the window for a minute or two. That might help them notice the feeder. You're up north right? so use the black capped chickadee calls here: https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Black-capped_Chickadee/sounds

or try a Tufted titmouse call: https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Tufted_Titmouse/sounds

maybe the problem is you bought a window feeder and not a bird feeder.

im not a scientist but i'm pretty sure windows don't eat

Upon review, it appears both can work, with jerry-rigged applying to stuff cheaply/poorly thrown together, which is how I've typically heard it used.

In other news, my right shoulder, like right under the shoulder blade and up to my neck is killing me. I'm pretty diligent about doing PT-type exercises for both shoulders and have deduced I somehow aggravated it either 1) throwing an NFL football too much at the bachelor party last weekend, 2) playing golf yesterday evening or 3) doing pushups. I feel very old.

i always thought it was jerry-rigged, not jury-rigged

Out of fear of phan I looked it up before I posted. Jury is related to some nautical word not a trial jury. I am sure Sailor knows.

Apparently "Jerry-built" is a phrase that means poorly constructed. May be a racist world war reference to Germans..?

In other news, my right shoulder, like right under the shoulder blade and up to my neck is killing me. I'm pretty diligent about doing PT-type exercises for both shoulders and have deduced I somehow aggravated it either 1) throwing an NFL football too much at the bachelor party last weekend, 2) playing golf yesterday evening or 3) doing pushups. I feel very old.

oof -- I'm hopefully getting discharged from PT tomorrow after a couple of months of PT for my right shoulder

shoulder injuries suck

oof -- I'm hopefully getting discharged from PT tomorrow after a couple of months of PT for my right shoulder

shoulder injuries suck

Yeah, what's weird is my right shoulder has always been strong, but I had a big time surgery years ago on my left, which requires on going strengthening. My wife has reminded me that I slept on my right shoulder hard in the middle of the night, it was dead asleep, and I flopped it like a noodle into her head in the middle of the night semi-panicking. Guessing that's a big part of it. Sleep injury. Classic.

what I've learned is that the shoulder is made up of a bunch of small muscles and when one is hurt or weak then you overcompensate with other muscles in or near the shoulder and it just kinda spirals

Yeah I dislocated my shoulder like 9 years ago and it still hurts from time to time. Not looking forward to getting old and having arthritis there and in my left knee (ACL repair)

what I've learned is that the shoulder is made up of a bunch of small muscles and when one is hurt or weak then you overcompensate with other muscles in or near the shoulder and it just kinda spirals

My right shoulder is so shot from pitching in high school that I can barely play catch with my daughter.

Out of fear of phan I looked it up before I posted. Jury is related to some nautical word not a trial jury. I am sure Sailor knows.

Apparently "Jerry-built" is a phrase that means poorly constructed. May be a racist world war reference to Germans..?

well boo fucking hoo. i sure would hate to offend the JERRYS with some casual racism.

Yeah I dislocated my shoulder like 9 years ago and it still hurts from time to time. Not looking forward to getting old and having arthritis there and in my left knee (ACL repair)

my dad is getting some sort of experimental stem cell style injection therapy this month for arthritis in his knees

he's already had two acl surgeries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back