• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ODU tickets

The Red Sea of Sound! I’m really looking forward to their performance. Great band! This should be one game where people aren’t back out at the tailgates at half time.

You don't see a difference between hosting high school bands and having another college's band play at our FB games when our college already has a band? Okay.

Look, I've got nothing at all against WSSU and it's a nice gesture by Wake to invite them and nice of them to agree. Hopefully the AD checked with the Wake band program first to confirm they wouldn't feel upstaged and if so I'm all for it. If they really want to get more people in the community out to the games they need to find a way to make the experience more affordable for average families. But that's a whole other can of worms.

You're way overthinking/overanalyzing this thing.

I'd love a game where we have the WSSU and A&T bands both perform at halftime.

Last edited:
You don't see a difference between hosting high school bands and having another college's band play at our FB games when our college already has a band? Okay.

Look, I've got nothing at all against WSSU and it's a nice gesture by Wake to invite them and nice of them to agree. Hopefully the AD checked with the Wake band program first to confirm they wouldn't feel upstaged and if so I'm all for it. If they really want to get more people in the community out to the games they need to find a way to make the experience more affordable for average families. But that's a whole other can of worms.

Pretty sure we have the cheapest game day experience of any other P5 school in the country, or very close to it.

The WSSU band has played at Wake games in previous seasons. They had their own time, then the two bands played together. Having over 200 musicians playing together really fills the stadium with sound.

With the added thousands of Wake students, I am surprised that the SOTOGAB isn't bigger than it was during ACC championship season 1.

Pretty sure we have the cheapest game day experience of any other P5 school in the country, or very close to it.

Probably so. Despite this fact, there are plenty of seats available for most games. The goal is to fill the stadium with people that become fans. Wake needs to do whatever it takes to consistently fill the stadium and grow their fan base.

Probably so. Despite this fact, there are plenty of seats available for most games. The goal is to fill the stadium with people that become fans. Wake needs to do whatever it takes to consistently fill the stadium and grow their fan base.

They've tried giving away tickets. That didn't work either.

Speaking of which, whenever I'm driving around University/Polo, I see the "Deactown" banners and signs and think it's cute. Maybe if the school was still in Wake Forest, but in Winston, where there are 3.5 (half credit to Carolina U.), Universities, it's a big shot in the dark.

Noce graphic work, though.

It's still miles better than the "I'm a fan" nonsense from a few years ago.

They've tried giving away tickets. That didn't work either.

The cheapest reserved seat ticket offered on line costs $15-$30. Add one more price layer. Unreserved Gameday tickets for $10. Walkup only. Include this designation on all ticket info. Do it for all games. Designate the most distant parking (the Joel?) for $5 if not for free. Give the casual fan in the Triad an affordable option every game. If those prices don't work, go lower.

The cheapest reserved seat ticket offered on line costs $15-$30. Add one more price layer. Unreserved Gameday tickets for $10. Walkup only. Include this designation on all ticket info. Do it for all games. Designate the most distant parking (the Joel?) for $5 if not for free. Give the casual fan in the Triad an affordable option every game. If those prices don't work, go lower.

Good post - agree with your suggestions. Got to do better than just "we're the cheapest ticket in P5, deal with it."

For the ODU game, they were offering 4 tickets and a parking pass for $59. Considering that tickets are $15 each, that is basically offering free parking

Usually there is not more than about 2500 fans in the stands. You should be able to get tickets for less than 5 dollars a piece.

Not sure if this is the right thread but I have two season tickets at the 20th yardline, 5th row (Row E) + 2 Blue Lot parking passes. Looking to sell the ODU game for $60 for the full set and Norfolk State for the same price. We usually only make 2 game per season and these won't be one of them (I'd booked flights for ODU away last year and had great seats + tailgating lined up and was pretty disappointed that all fell through and wasn't rescheduled).

Back