• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Injury updates

Grobe = misdirection on the field
Clawson = misdirection in the press

Well, upon review of the Louisville tape, Redd played safety some of the time and rover a significant portion of the time.

Well, upon review of the Louisville tape, Redd played safety some of the time and rover a significant portion of the time.

Seriously Redd seems like he'd be very versatile, which is a good thing in this situation. What about Miles Fox, is he supposed to be back for Cuse?

Grobe = misdirection on the field
Clawson = misdirection in the press

When it comes to injury reports and depth charts, we run the slow mesh. As soon as you think you've figured out a player's status, Clawson pulls the ball and boom player's out

Terrance Davis is getting out of here with a fully paid for advanced degree from a top flight university and never played a single down of football for us and I’m assuming didn’t practice very often either. Good for that dude for using the system to his advantage bc there are countless guys who had the opposite scenario.

Terrance Davis is getting out of here with a fully paid for advanced degree from a top flight university and never played a single down of football for us and I’m assuming didn’t practice very often either. Good for that dude for using the system to his advantage bc there are countless guys who had the opposite scenario.

I mean, I think the guy tore his Achilles tendon. That is a pretty big price to pay for a graduate degree.

I mean, I think the guy tore his Achilles tendon. That is a pretty big price to pay for a graduate degree.

Whaddya mean? Obviously a scam, the dude intentionally destroyed his Achilles to reap the rewards of a free graduate degree. Next thing you know, he'll give up an arm for a PhD!

Safety position is key.

That early Louisville TD and then the 75 yard TD...yikes.

I do like if we could somehow play Redd more at safety and get Greer back, should be ok.

Back to the top. Not because we’ll get any answers, but rhetorically speaking, will Greer play this year?

How about the other guys who went out (or didn’t dress) yesterday?

How is AT Perry?

Perry had a catch on the next to last TD drive.

Did Greer play yesterday? We’re going to need him vs. Tarholes. Love Anderson but he can’t cover Josh Downs especially if we give Howell enough time to smoke a cigarette.

Did Greer play yesterday? We’re going to need him vs. Tarholes. Love Anderson but he can’t cover Josh Downs especially if we give Howell enough time to smoke a cigarette.

We have Duke next week.

Cam on the other board was saying we were missing 16 guys from our 2 deep on defense. That's brutal if so. Maybe 10 teams in the country can overcome that kind of loss of depth. Hoping Clawson is playing chess and holding guys out until the last few games of season knowing we can outscore everyone else.

Losing Coby Davis for the season was a tough loss. Really need Greer, Keith and the other safety's healthy for a championship run. Nick Anderson is a very good ACC player. But agree he doesn't have the elite speed to keep with elite WR's in the ACC. Our game against UL was a good example of that, as well as last year against UNC

Cam on the other board was saying we were missing 16 guys from our 2 deep on defense. That's brutal if so. Maybe 10 teams in the country can overcome that kind of loss of depth. Hoping Clawson is playing chess and holding guys out until the last few games of season knowing we can outscore everyone else.

He’s not holding out healthy players.

I believe it was said that Greer would play if it were a championship game 6 weeks ago. That is a long time for a nagging injury to hold someone out of action.

He’s not holding out healthy players.

I believe it was said that Greer would play if it were a championship game 6 weeks ago. That is a long time for a nagging injury to hold someone out of action.

Not sure a team who’s entire philosophy is built on throwing guys at your opponent’s knees 80 times a game is the right time to roll guys back out from nagging injuries.

I read Greer was going through warmups and it sounded like he was going to play.

Not sure a team who’s entire philosophy is built on throwing guys at your opponent’s knees 80 times a game is the right time to roll guys back out from nagging injuries.

Agreed. So then is Duke the right game, or can we win with the backups?

Is UNC the right game, or will we prioritize winning the ACC ala VT from 2006?

Agreed. So then is Duke the right game, or can we win with the backups?

Is UNC the right game, or will we prioritize winning the ACC ala VT from 2006?

I think UNC is the game - yes - we don’t have to win that one but it’s still Carolina on the road. @ Clemson is VT 2006 (assuming we beat State and Duke). But if we’re still undefeated going into Death Valley- maybe Dave swings for fences to get to CFP.

Back