• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Injury updates

Cam on the other board was saying we were missing 16 guys from our 2 deep on defense. That's brutal if so. Maybe 10 teams in the country can overcome that kind of loss of depth. Hoping Clawson is playing chess and holding guys out until the last few games of season knowing we can outscore everyone else.

every couple hours this injury number seems to increase, kinda lame although i assume it’s just fans

i just looked at a couple random plays from the 4th quarter and it looks like our 11 were:
line: davis, fox, kamara / bergan, bothroyd
lbs: masterson, hazen, chase jones
db: jasir, carson, andersen, redd

so definitely some issues at LB (although partially due to smendas ejection) but we were largely playing our starters.

Last edited:
Agreed. Feels like the injury #narrative is being blown out of proportion given how terrible we were from the jump.

The weird thing is I trusted our def at the beginning of the season

The weird thing is I trusted our def at the beginning of the season

The D looked good against FSU and UVa. Held both teams to their season lows. Our D gave up 57 points in the first four games and gave up 56 yesterday.

Just keeping an offense on the field for an extended period of time would have been a victory for our D. And we couldn’t do that to a team who is known to keep an opposing defense on the field for an extended period of time.

The D looked good against FSU and UVa. Held both teams to their season lows. Our D gave up 57 points in the first four games and gave up 56 yesterday.

I think Greer is legitimately that good in some ways. His closing speed is elite, and he’s a big hitter. That helps corners underneath tremendously.

Remember that our D is used to playing with an offense that runs 80-90 plays a game. We ran like 50 yesterday and had the ball for 17 minutes. Yesterday is an anomaly in many ways. Let’s just be happy we got the win and move forward.

I think Greer is legitimately that good in some ways. His closing speed is elite, and he’s a big hitter. That helps corners underneath tremendously.

Unfortunately, Greer is not a linebacker

Agreed. Plus, yesterday, Andersen was really bad. He certainly adds quality depth, but he's not someone that should be a regular starter.

The scouting report is out on our defense. He’s a good player but not our best player on D. That’s Redd.

No disrespect to Redd, but Greer is our most explosive player on D. Redd is probably our best. Fox might be our most important.

We gotta just be good enough on D this year and make critical stops when we need to as we did against Army, Cuse, and LVille. I could care less if opponents have career days in the stats. It’s the opposite of 2006 where we had a great defense and offense just had to be good enough to not lose us games. One thing in common is both teams had a greater kicker and punter. Our offense this year might be best in school history. Only good defenses left on our schedule are Clemson and State. We should be able to hang 40+ on Duke, Tarholes, and BC.

Not to be a downer during a special season so far, but I still think it’s fair to question our S&C program. Yet another season where we seem to have more injuries than average to key players. Clemson and State have a ton too though.

Wow! Crazy stat and kinda sad.

Don’t think it’s a coincidence most of these injuries happened after playing an option offense with cut blocking. Also, save Greene and Nash, we’ve been very healthy on offense this season. I think we can still beat Duke with a lot of back ups but are gonna need first team guys for last 4 games.

Back