• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
i enjoy all of fall, spring, most of summer, and most of winter. the two months i don't like are august and February but other than that I like all months

October is great overall, but the Monday after the time change is just about the worst day of the year

that doesn't make them cheap

you think they hyperdrive is the most expensive part of these massive capital ships? the economy of most fictional worlds are typically ridiculous but the sheer scale of the resources required to build things in the SW universe boggle the mind

you think they hyperdrive is the most expensive part of these massive capital ships? the economy of most fictional worlds are typically ridiculous but the sheer scale of the resources required to build things in the SW universe boggle the mind

lol star wars plays so fast and loose with trying to build any rational political economy into their stories that I'm not going to defend it/think too hard about it

i'm just asking if the hyperdrive's relative cost might stand in the way of "lol why isn't every space battle hyperdrive kamikaze"

it's one of the first q's I had when the whole holdo controversy was going on and never got a great answer because star wars nerds didn't really want to talk about the probably exorbitant price of space travel

especially since the film are set in the past - maybe the holdo maneuver would be cheaper now

lol star wars plays so fast and loose with trying to build any rational political economy into their stories that I'm not going to defend it/think too hard about it

i'm just asking if the hyperdrive's relative cost might stand in the way of "lol why isn't every space battle hyperdrive kamikaze"

it's one of the first q's I had when the whole holdo controversy was going on and never got a great answer because star wars nerds didn't really want to talk about the probably exorbitant price of space travel

especially since the film are set in the past - maybe the holdo maneuver would be cheaper now

seems like they should just invent giant railguns for their capital ships since they're always fighting in like ancient naval warfare/broadside ranges

hear me out

master and commander

but in space

I want to know how they figured out how to track a ship through light speed in the first place. Can somebody do that math ?

Seems more complicated than that since they've been flying around at light speed seemingly for centuries.

This was an interesting read I thought was worth passing along...

Requires you to put in an e-mail address to read it, but you can just make one up.

https://www.nj.com/sports/2021/09/the-predator-in-plain-sight.html

The Predator in Plain Sight: When an ex-Rutgers athlete was charged with killing a woman in Tijuana, it left communities in Mexico and New Jersey stunned and asking the same question: Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back