• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I die the universe ceases to exist anyway because you’re all just manifestations of my consciousness so why the hell would I care what happens when I’m gone.

omg solipsism on my OGBoards1.0

early Covid back at my folks' house and I was going through a ton of old family photos

there was an old photo of a super old photo that was like five generations ahead of me and it's kinda wild think about the direct lineage yet total emotional insignificance of whoever was in that photo

Yeah but is there any way they turn out normal this way?

Swiss and English Boarding schools are about the same price as American colleges. This way your kid can grow up saying things like, "Father is flying in this weekend to take me fishing in Scotland" or "Yes, we are all going to the chalet in Zermatt this weekend, you should come."

World class education and easy to pick them up for traveling on weekends. Use the summer to bond and instill good behavior in them as well as ease any of your feelings of guilt about shipping your child off for 9 months a year.

When I die the universe ceases to exist anyway because you’re all just manifestations of my consciousness so why the hell would I care what happens when I’m gone.

oof. we need to work on your imagination then!

Swiss and English Boarding schools are about the same price as American colleges. This way your kid can grow up saying things like, "Father is flying in this weekend to take me fishing in Scotland" or "Yes, we are all going to the chalet in Zermatt this weekend, you should come."

World class education and easy to pick them up for traveling on weekends. Use the summer to bond and instill good behavior in them as well as ease any of your feelings of guilt about shipping your child off for 9 months a year.

I know this is said in jest but the best part about spending the lottery would be that it would free me up to spend more time with my kids. I've never understood how people send their kids off to boarding schools.

sounds like the chat thread is going through some existential crises today

I really don't. But I do think that the idea of a second or final death is eerie. "You die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time." Not having kids, I'm aware that my second death will likely come quicker than a lot of people.

Get a pet parrot and teach it to say your name.

I know this is said in jest but the best part about spending the lottery would be that it would free me up to spend more time with my kids. I've never understood how people send their kids off to boarding schools.

European boarding schools have had a severe injustice done upon them by the Disney Movie industrial complex, where people only view them as a device to let conniving stepmoms get children out of the way, rather than seeing them as the world class educational and networking opportunities that they actually are.

European boarding schools have had a severe injustice done upon them by the Disney Movie industrial complex, where people only view them as a device to let conniving stepmoms get children out of the way, rather than seeing them as the world class educational and networking opportunities that they actually are.

Hogwarts went a long way towards salvaging that reputation though.

right, ph only likes "sciency" magic, not REAL magic

I’m sure they’re amazing but you know, I like my kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back