• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

Dan Lanning to Oregon.

Kirby Smart’s statement says he’s going to coach with UGA through the playoff. Surprised Oregon is on board with that arrangement and just losing a month of recruiting. Maybe you agree to that for a home run hire but surprised an up and comer wasn’t told the job is yours as long as you’re ready to start tomorrow.

It’s the CFP. Helps to have your new coach show off his championship ring on recruiting visits.

Georgia’s in good hands going forward with Will Muschamp. Maybe he’ll be able to turn this stint into the head job at Missouri or something.

Don't ruin Christmas for me, I am still hoping. Also with Elko going to Duke, that probably opens up several opportunities for Tyler Santucci, and even though it was probably a bit of a reach to think he would be the new Wake D Coordinator, I think we can definitely close that book now.

I'm almost positive Clawson thinks our defense was pretty good this year, just inconsistent. We will not be in the market for a D coordinator.

Not sure about this (i.e. Clawson thinking our defense was pretty good this year).

His pointed comments in the postgame Q&A's state the exact opposite.

Now whether he makes a much needed change at DC is a completely different animal but I seriously doubt he believes the defense was "pretty good" this year.

Yup, he can go right ahead and fuck himself.

I look forward to kicking the shit out of Duke again next year (and every year going forward).

Get out of here with that Notre Dame bullshit. Duke has a "National Brand" for sucking in football.

Typical press conference bluster from an ex-domer. Didn't Natty O do the same thing when he was hired as President?

I’d like to extend a hearty “go fuck yourself” to Mike Elko who is apparently none too impressed with the Wake Forest football program but thinks that Duke football is on its way to becoming Notre Dame. I hope we put 100 on whatever trash roster this twat rolls out next year.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.heraldsun.com%2Fsports%2Fspt-columns-blogs%2Fluke-decock%2Farticle256547496.html%23storylink%3Dhpdigest_sports

Mehhh this seems like the press clipping his quotes and trying to start shit. I want to see the actual transcript and the full context of what he said.

Either way, he coaches Duke now so he is dead to me. They are going to be trash next season. Have fun going 2-10 with your "brand"

As you guys are posting, he didn't really say anything all that out of line. It's typical press conference blather. But I don't have to like it.

And if/when we hear from Dave Clawson on Duke's hiring of Elko, I'd expect nothing by effusive praise... Not whatever that was from Elko.

Elko coached under Clawson at 4 schools (Fordham, Richmond, BG and WF) for 12 seasons. Clawson found Elko when he was coaching DBs at Merchant Marine. Elko owes a lot to DC.

Remember when Wake nearly hired failed NFL coach Rich Brooks over Jim Grobe in 2001. I’m sure that would’ve gone well. Wake made the right hire. Duke did too, with Elko.

Odd evidence to cite -- Brooks did a damn good job at Kentucky post-NFL stint including beating the #1 team in the country and regularly winning 7-8 games in the toughest of conferences. I would've taken him over Grobe any day of the week, certainly was a more proven commodity

Back