• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official running the table thread

If you aren't hoping to run the table and secure championships you are truly LOWF. That's not my expectation but might as well dream big. I saw the Cubs win it all, so miracles do happen.

100% IN

I’ve never had more BIG DEAC energy about our football team

13-0 is legit possible y’all

Get fucking with it

We prepped 6 weeks out for Army.

When do we start scheming for Pitt?

If you aren't hoping to run the table and secure championships you are truly LOWF. That's not my expectation but might as well dream big. I saw the Cubs win it all, so miracles do happen.

Hoping and being a life long Wake fan and knowing our luck are two different things

I mean the game to choke was the Syracuse game. And to slip up today on offense just once. We did neither.

I mean the game to choke was the Syracuse game. And to slip up today on offense just once. We did neither.

I can’t wait to buy you a beer at our CFB semifinal game

We can talk offline about getting a suite in Miami or Dallas for the real Wake fans who dream big

I married up and am Winston wealthy now so I get to be real stupid like once a year. I think.

We prepped 6 weeks out for Army.

When do we start scheming for Pitt?

Does Pitt run the Triple option with endless cut blocks and holds? NO. UVA has the best passing offense in the country and we shut it down until some garbage time. Army scoring on us doesn't mean everything.

Be patient. We’ve got the PH BOWL next week.

I can’t wait to buy you a beer at our CFB semifinal game

We can talk offline about getting a suite in Miami or Dallas for the real Wake fans who dream big

I married up and am Winston wealthy now so I get to be real stupid like once a year. I think.

I'm thinking of coming back for the State game if work would allow

CBS Sports projects the Top 25 every week. They have the Deacs at #12. Beat Duke in an impressive manner and our team should be in the top 10. That would be cool. Not counting my chickens, of course. And with State and Clemson both losing, hard to see how today could have gone better, but you know that.

#12 or #13 seems likely. Either would put us in a position to leapfrog the Michigan-Michigan State loser and Penn State-Ohio State loser as well as Iowa if they don't impress against Wisconsin, Oregon if they don't impress vs. Colorado, Ole Miss if they lose to Auburn, UK if they don't impress against Miss State, and ND if they don't show up against UNC.

The odds of going into Kenan Stadium ranked in the Top 10 are pretty high.

#12 or #13 seems likely. Either would put us in a position to leapfrog the Michigan-Michigan State loser and Penn State-Ohio State loser as well as Iowa if they don't impress against Wisconsin, Oregon if they don't impress vs. Colorado, Ole Miss if they lose to Auburn, UK if they don't impress against Miss State, and ND if they don't show up against UNC.

The odds of going into Kenan Stadium ranked in the Top 10 are pretty high.

don't we already pass Penn State? They had their 2nd loss this week.

Yeah. We should.

I suppose if Penn State beats Ohio State then they jump back ahead of us? I dunno

If the Deacs continue to win they will continue to move up in the rankings.

The playoff committee will start ranking teams within a week or two. I expect a reshuffle at that point in time. There are only five undefeated Power five teams, nine total. An undefeated P5 conference champion has made every championship playoff. Oklahoma, Michigan, Michigan State, Georgia and Wake Forest are the only P5 teams that can reach that criteria.

Last edited:
The CFP rankings come out next Tuesday, Nov 2. So we should be 8-0. Michigan or Michigan State will have a loss. Cincy and OU could have another narrow escape.

The defense looked horrible today but the result was a 14 point win and big cover on the road against a previously 4-2 team.

Here are breakdowns of undefeated teams in the last four first CFP rankings excluding the scheduling weirdness of last year:

In 2019, there were 7 undefeated P5 teams. The CFP committee ranked them 1-5, 12, and 17.

In 2018, there were 2 undefeated P5 teams and undefeated ND. The CFP committee ranked them 1 and 2 with 7-1 LSU at 3 and ND at 4.

In 2017, there were 4 undefeated P5 teams. Georgia and Alabama were 1 and 2. Wisconsin and Miami were 9 and 10.

In 2016, there were 4 undefeated P5 teams. Alabama and Clemson were 1 and 2. Michigan was 3, 7-1 A&M was 4, and Washington was 5.

If things hold to form, I’m guessing Georgia will be 1, Oklahoma will be 2. and the Michigan/Michigan State winner and Ohio State will be 3 and 4 in some order. Then Alabama at 5. After that would be some combination of the Michigan/Michigan State loser, Oregon, Wake, and maybe Ole Miss and ND.

Last edited:
Back