• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest vs Army @West Point - Check In

Where does tailgating happen? Does the Deacon Club have anything lined up, pre or post game?

In my experience tailgating happens in a large field (Buffalo Soldier Field) about .75 mile from the stadium. Army runs school buses that get you halfway up the hill. No organized alumni/Deacon Club events.

WF 24 - Wisconsin 48, less than a year ago in our state.
Army 15 @ Wisconsin 20, last week
We're at Army.

Just feel like we lose our first game this Saturday. Still, if we lose to UNC and Clemson we can still win the division if State and Clemson fall again. State is our big game, IMHO.
Wisconsin is not good this year.

Just get the feeling WF is not going to be prepared and the Army will get large chunks of yardage. On the other hand Wake will score big also. I think you see the Army pull the upset 51-45 in overtime.

Army has played one team all year with a competent passing attack: Western Kentucky. The Hilltoppers threw for 435 yards and averaged more than 11 yards an attempt. W. KY scored 35 points on Army, and had guys open all over the field. WF has better receivers, better OL and better QB than W. KY. Also, W. KY plays no defense and gave up 38 points. Army won 38-35. As long as WF avoids turnovers, WF should score points.

Army simply doesn't have the defense to cover Roberson, Perry, Morin... Also, love that WF had a week off to prepare for the option. Not saying WF will shut down Army like Wisconsin did, but the defense should be able to hold Army to the low 20s (again assuming no Army fluke scores on TOs or special teams).

The game is not going to be easy, and scheduling Army as often as WF does is beyond dumb, but WF should win this game.

In my experience tailgating happens in a large field (Buffalo Soldier Field) about .75 mile from the stadium. Army runs school buses that get you halfway up the hill. No organized alumni/Deacon Club events.

AIR, I think Soldier Field is across the street from the Hotel Thayer. I believe it’s $20.00 to park.

Plenty of those school busses shuttle folks to The Plain and up right behind the visitor grandstand at Michie. Not very comfortable but it’s the best/quickest way from point A to point B.

GO DEACS!

I have 2 tickets available for sale in the wake section. They are endzone seats and cost me $50 each

Just saw that an Army LB is in the top 5 nationally in sacks.

He is 6’7” 250!

Enough of this negativity towards Army. Time to be positive. Let's go Brandon *slow clap* :golfclap:

Back