• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

just a weird trade all around. not sure what the pcans strategy is either
A core of Zion-CJ-Ingram-Valanciunas is...something. :noidea:

I imagine given his injury history, Zion won't risk it and will sign the extension with New Orleans, but who knows. Maybe this move tilts him even like 5-10% more in the direction of signing the extension if he was having thoughts of risking it. If I put my Pellie-colored glasses on, I could see a scenario where they could mirror Chicago and become the Bulls of the West. Oh, but then I remember they completely screwed up the Lonzo part of it, which was completely indefensible.

Last edited:
I'm still not sold on Zion and Valanciunas together. The Point Zion experiment was interesting last year, but that's something we need to see another year or so with a full squad lineup.

Feels like we haven't heard anything about Zion playing since before the holidays.

LOL KINGS

Halliburton, Hield, and Tristan Thompson for Sabonis, Lamb, and Holiday.

I love Sabonis but that’s a great trade for Indy. Just cut Thompson immediately.

Holy shit. Indy made out like bandits. I don't know why the Kings chose Fox over Haliburton.

So are they going to trade Brogdon? Brogdon, Hield, Haliburton, Duarte is a nice guard rotation, but it seems like too much especially if Rubio comes back healthy. They still have McConnell on the mend as well. And what's TJ Warren's status?

So far there are no trades involving top contenders (sorry Cavs, I'm talking Bucks, Heat, Bulls, Suns, Warriors). Clippers getting Powell and Covington, Cavs getting LeVert, and the Nugs getting Forbes are the only acquisitions by playoff teams.

Last edited:
not sure my Bulls are contendahs but they haven't been #fullsquad in forever so who knows

I do think the health-induced uncertainty may prevent a big all-in trade involving Patrick Williams they may have otherwise pursued

also re: Fox v. Haliburton, may not have been the Kings who made/pushed that call

I'm not totally sure the Kings are getting fleeced here -- they get the best player and he's only 25 years old

Last edited:
not sure my Bulls are contendahs but they haven't been #fullsquad in forever so who knows

I do think the health-induced uncertainty may prevent a big all-in trade involving Patrick Williams they may have otherwise pursued

also re: Fox v. Haliburton, may not have been the Kings who made/pushed that call

I'm not totally sure the Kings are getting fleeced here -- they get the best player and he's only 25 years old

I mean, Hali was the fan favorite and could play with Mitchell. I think that’s the logic. Also, Holiday and Lamb are awful. Finally get rid of Buddy and take back two players who probably aren’t even as good combined… Buddy could have netted the Kings Kuz and Harrell. This is a pretty big downgrade in terms of perimeter rotation.

Sabonis is the best player now at 25 years old. But can you win a championship with Sabonis as your best player? Not sure. Haliburton turns 22 in 3 weeks and he could be the best player in this trade within 3+ years. And he certainly has the profile of a best player who can win you a championship.

I don't watch enough Pacers or Kings to have an opinion worth listening to, but it seems like everyone is calling this a definite win for the Pacers and I'm not so sure

Sabonis is the best player now at 25 years old. But can you win a championship with Sabonis as your best player? Not sure. Haliburton turns 22 in 3 weeks and he could be the best player in this trade within 3+ years. And he certainly has the profile of a best player who can win you a championship.

He’s on a rookie contract, too.

Idk if Monte understands the CBA…

If they keep Holmes and Barnes, then the frontcourt is definitely great. But there’s still the small guard problem, no wings, etc. Lamb and Holiday aren’t gonna help much.

Buddy Hield is 29. Wow. Seems younger, but he's a rare four-year player.

I guess the Pacers are not trading us Turner now.

On the bright side, the Pels going all-in means they likely make the playoffs, which significantly increases the value of their protected 1st that we got for Devonte Graham. Rumors that the Hornets and Spurs are talking about Poetl. PJ Washington and that Pels' pick might get that done, which at least would be a defensive upgrade in the post.

Not sure how anyone can count on Zion at this point. He's missed 110 of the 195 games the Pels have played since they drafted him. Is it reasonable to think that as he gets older he's going to be more durable and reliable? He's verging on bust territory; it's not his talent, but talent is meaningless if the player is always missing games.

What package would the Hornets have for Poeltl? The Spurs want a good player and a 1st for him. I'll think about Miles Bridges and a pick but Keldon Johnson should be at that level soon enough anyway.

The Spurs are a long way from contending, but they do have elite defenders at PG and C and both are scoring more now that they can't rely on DeRozan and Aldridge.

What package would the Hornets have for Poeltl? The Spurs want a good player and a 1st for him. I'll think about Miles Bridges and a pick but Keldon Johnson should be at that level soon enough anyway.

The Spurs are a long way from contending, but they do have elite defenders at PG and C and both are scoring more now that they can't rely on DeRozan and Aldridge.

What are you smoking? I wouldn't take the entire Spurs roster for Bridges. As I said, PJ and a 1st is about what the deal should be, maybe throw in Nick Richards or Vernon Carey.

I'm trying to think of the Haliburton equivalent from like 10-15 years ago. A young player who came from semi-under-the-radar whose hype has perhaps gotten a little out of hand. HOF Bledsoe is an obvious candidate simply because of this board, but that's probably not fair to Hali.

What are you smoking? I wouldn't take the entire Spurs roster for Bridges. As I said, PJ and a 1st is about what the deal should be, maybe throw in Nick Richards or Vernon Carey.

Seriously, Ball and Bridges are essentially untouchable.

I'm trying to think of the Haliburton equivalent from like 10-15 years ago. A young player who came from semi-under-the-radar whose hype has perhaps gotten a little out of hand. HOF Bledsoe is an obvious candidate simply because of this board, but that's probably not fair to Hali.

Back