• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Don’t get this from NO stand point. Pretty sure that GM knows his days are done and he is throwing shit at walls to see if something sticks

love that Sac/Pacers trade for Indiana. Even if you think Haliburton is overhyped (which I don’t think he is) the Pacers got both a good return and guys that fit better with Carlisle.

I’d also guess that Sabonis means that one or both or Barnes and Holmes will still be traded

Also I feel bad for Sabonis. He might be best player Kings have had since Cousins. But he is now a Sacramento King 🤷‍♂️

Really felt like the Sixers had a W tonight against the Suns but threw it away down the stretch. It’s a beatable team. Doc sat Embiid wayyyyyy too much if this was a game he wanted to shorten the bench and try and win. He is not a good coach. Wasted a really good Tobias game.

Really felt like the Sixers had a W tonight against the Suns but threw it away down the stretch. It’s a beatable team. Doc sat Embiid wayyyyyy too much if this was a game he wanted to shorten the bench and try and win. He is not a good coach. Wasted a really good Tobias game.

The Suns clutch stats are just absurd

It looks like Harden is checked out. The Kyrie situation had him most of the way there and now with Durant hurt i think he's just lost all enthusiasm in Brooklyn.

Any time you can get a talented big like Sabonis, you do it.

Now, do you give up a guy with upside like Haliburton...hell no. But Sabonis is very good right now, and not a total fail by the Kings imho.

A couple of years ago seeing the Bucks go out west and thrash the Trailblazers, Clippers and Lakers would have been exciting, but man those three teams all suck right now. I am guessing the Suns will have a good atmosphere on Thursday night.

Would be hilarious if the Lakers and Nets miss the playoffs.

Nets are still the favorites to win the NBA title. Seems insane to me. Harden, Durant and Kyrie have played together for a total 16 games, since Harden was traded from Houston early last season. Why would anyone think that they will be healthy for a four round slog through the playoffs?

FWIW, here are the current NBA title odds:

Nets +320
PHX +400
GSW +450
Bucks +700
Heat +1300
76ers +1400
Jazz +1600
Lakers +2000
Griz +2500
Bulls +2500
Nugs +4000
Mavs +4000
Cavs +5000
Celts +6000
Clips +6000
Hawks +8000
Raptors +10000
Hornets +15000

after watching KD almost take down the eventual champs solo last year, I kinda get it

The Hawks are a great value. It’s still basically the same roster that almost made the finals last year.

With the Nets, you’re just betting that they’re healthy enough because a full squad Nets team is an obvious favorite.

If they were higher they wouldn't be as good of a value. 10th in the West is the Pels. No one would pick them. 9th is the Lakers with basically the same record as the Hawks at +2000. So yeah, the Hawks at +8000 with a squad we know can compete in the playoffs is a good value.

Think the Raptors are a good value. They have the best record in the East since December 31 (15-6). Nick Nurse knows what he is doing.

If they were higher they wouldn't be as good of a value. 10th in the West is the Pels. No one would pick them. 9th is the Lakers with basically the same record as the Hawks at +2000. So yeah, the Hawks at +8000 with a squad we know can compete in the playoffs is a good value.

Just saying if the season ended today they'd have to play their way into the playoffs, and if it ended in a couple weeks, they'd probably be even money to finish 10th or 11th and not be in the playoffs at all. I know that's where the value comes from, but that team is not winning a series against either of last year's finalists.

imo both of those are terrible value (although that’s somewhat the nature of these future bets)

the hawks are at +8000 now as the 10th seed
the hawks were +2700 once the conference finals were set last year.
using lazy math, you’d have to think the hawks had a 1/3 chance of making the ECF to be a good value at +8000.

The Kyrie, Harden, and Simmons extended dramas have reached "Yawn...wake me up when they do a deal" status.

Blazers-Jazz-Spurs 3-way

Blazers give Nickeil Alexander-Walker and Tomas Satoransky from yesterday's CJ deal
Jazz give Joe Ingles and two 2nd round picks
Spurs give Juancho Hernangomez from the Bryn Forbes trade

Blazers get Joe Ingles, Elijah Hughes, Jazz 2nd round pick
Jazz get Nickeil Alexander-Walker and Juancho Hernangomez
Spurs get Tomas Satoransky and Jazz 2nd round pick

Looks like a solid move all around. The Blazers get a pick and Ingles' expiring deal. The Jazz get a bench scorer. The Spurs get an expiring contract and a pick.

Last edited:
Back